Have you been to San Francisco?
- Author Craig Payne
- Published July 11, 2022
- Word count 537
San Francisco is a city in north California, USA. It is officially both a City as well as a County. San Francisco features just below 900 000 residents covering an space of just about 50 sq. miles, making it the fourth biggest city in California and 16th largest in the USA in terms of population. It serves as a cultural, industrial, and monetary district. It is really an costly area that has the highest mean wages, disposable income, and median home prices in the world.
Historical verification of human living within the location within the city of San Francisco goes back to 3000 BC. San Francisco was first started on June 29, 1776 by settlers coming from Spain which established the Presidio of San Francisco at the Golden Gate along with Mission San Francisco de Asís. There was a fast expansion after 1849 because of the California Gold Rush making it the biggest city on the West Coast of America during that time. The influx of treasure seekers turned out to be referred to as ‘forty-niners’. In 1856 it was initially consolidated into a city-county. Approximately 25% of California’s inhabitants were living in San Francisco between 1870 and 1900. In 1906 over three-fourths of the city had been destroyed through an earthquake and fire. It had become rapidly reconstructed following that. In 1915 it organised the famous Panama-Pacific International Exposition. In the course of World War II, San Francisco had been the main harbour for service people embarkation to the Pacific Theater. A meeting in San Francisco in 1945 gave birth to what ended up being the United Nations. Following World War II San Francisco began to come to be what was a centre of liberal activism in the United States. The mixture of the coming back soldiers, sizeable migrants from a great many other countries, the liberalizing of attitudes, together with the surge of the hippie counterculture movement, the Sexual Revolution along with the Peace Movement in the Vietnam War resulted in this liberalism. Unsurprising the city votes clearly along liberal Democratic Party lines.
Being a famous visitor location, San Francisco is acknowledged for its cooler summer season, a mix of architecture, and also attractions. The well known attractions include the Golden Gate Bridge, the cable cars, the closed Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary, Fisherman’s Wharf as well as its Chinatown district.
Economically, San Francisco is the head office of five major banking companies as well as other firms including Levi Strauss, Dropbox, Reddit, Airbnb, Twitter, Uber, Wikimedia Foundation and Craigslist. Being an academic centre, San Francisco as well as the surrounding Bay Area are the place to find several academic instituitions including the University of San Francisco, University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), San Francisco State University (SFSU). Culturally you can find the de Young Museum, the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, the SFJAZZ Center and also the California Academy of Sciences.
The major teams for the region are the are the San Francisco Giants. The Giants have been based in San Francisco since transferring from New York City in 1958. The San Francisco 49ers (named after the gold rush in 1849) of the NFL additionally call San Francisco home, even though they are actually officially based in Santa Clara. The Golden State Warriors play basketball in the NBA.
Where to get breakfast in San Francisco:https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The History of the Old City of Semarang and the Future of Urban Planning
- 5 Breathtaking Places to Visit in South Korea
- 18 Most Popular Graffiti Alleys & Street Art Projects In The United States
- Hot Dog, Jumping Frog: Things to See and Do in Albuquerque
- What are the More Obscure Places to Visit in Sydney?
- What are the Best Places to Eat in Vienna?
- Some of the More Obscure Places to Visit in Los Angeles as a Tourist
- Miami Beach Wedding or Vow Renewal Private Ceremony
- Knowsley A Hidden Gem of Culture, Sports, and Community Spirit
- Amazing Sites of Croatia
- COMPLETE GUIDE OF THE TOP 100 OF THE WORLD’S 50 BEST BARS IN SINGAPORE
- Have you been to Healesville Sanctuary?
- European Holidays For Culture Vultures: A Guide To Summer 2022
- The Overland Train
- The History of Croydon, Victoria in Australia
- What countires make up the Caribbean?
- Have you been to Glasgow in Scotland?
- Which city is considered the sporting capital of the world?
- Have you been to Adelaide in Australia?
- The Beauty of Niagara Falls
- Have you been to Kananaskis in the Canadian Rockies?
- Have you been to Sydney in Australia?
- What is Christchurch in New Zealand most known for?
- Have you heard of Box Hill in Victoria, Australia?
- The 9 Best Beaches in Chicago
- Some Easy Banff Hikes for everybody In the Family
- Best hotels in St. Petersburg, FL
- 10 Places You Must Visit In Your Lifetime
- Cafe's, Grills, & Places to Chill