The height of human heinousness: Palestine-Israel Conflict
- Author Rahnuma Ramisa
- Published October 11, 2022
- Word count 297
90 000 displaced in Gaza.
5 590 Palestinians killed between 2008 and 2020.
95% Gaza’s water unfit for human use.
For around a century, millions of Palestinians have been constantly alienated, displaced and injured. Their livelihoods stripped, their families taken away, their rights lost, they live without living. Tension is like macabre disease, unable to be evaded by even the strongest.
Can you think of a time when you had to run away from persecutors?
The inhumane Palestinian-Israeli conflict is perhaps the summit of human corruption. Unable to find a peaceful solution between themselves, humans instead trade the cost of other humans. If diplomacy was a boat, it was long blown away by the wind of humanity’s apathy, crashing into rocks, with its flotsam buried under the behemoth sea. Instead, the debris of war-torn Palestinians remains.
Many people claim that we are living in a revolution. The black-and-white TVs are replaced by coloured technology; the non-conformists are accepted by all; the freedom of speech is normalised and ideas are spread. Yet the Palestinian war demonstrates that we have not moved on. We are still abhorrent killing machines, keen on avenging and unable to look each other in the eye.
In 1948, there was no polio vaccine. In 1948, there was still racial segregation. In 1948, there were no artificial satellites. And in 1948, a war began. Why have we not moved past the war? Are we saying that we haven’t truly embraced diversity? The depth of racial and religious differences between the Israelites and the Muslims runs centuries-deep with many historical battles and conflicts. Yet surely we have to move on. Yes, there are differences. But look at the similarities: the holy ground of Jerusalem, also shared with Christians. Can this not be a source of mediation between everyone? Or are we still stuck in 1948?
My moral compass may be slightly haywire - but at least it is points to morals.
Passionate about human rights; logic, philosophy and psychology.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Clown King of East Africa
- The Concerning Power Play of New York's Attorney General: A Threat to Its Politician and New Yorkers
- Who has the Right to Control another Adult's Life Without their Consent?
- Can the Charter of Democracy Save Pakistan’s Imperiled Democracy?
- Russian-Ukrainian war through the eyes of Linda Athanasiadou
- Is Iran in a revolutionary situation?
- Why We Must Be Masters of Our Counter Culture
- It is more Important than Ever that we Guard against Selfish and Criminal Charismatic Leaders.
- THE SUPERPOWER
- What Actions can we Take to Prevent our Country from Becoming an Autocracy?
- Pop Off Pms
- Comparison of Constitutional Review between France and United States
- How can America Fulfill its Promise and Become a more Compassionate and Democratic Country?
- A Very Reasonable Speech for Governors of Florida
- What’s the purpose of business? It’s important to ask.
- Be a Human Rights Advocate
- Putin's chef Prigozhin starting a war in Kremlin?
- Vacuum-Up - the reality. Trickel Dow the lie
- Dangerous New Epidemics in our Country and in the World--Hate and Anger
- Silicon Valley & Biden’s Handlers VS Elon Musk & Freedom of Speech
- A Pall Settles Over America
- Nkrumah Effect And It Implications On Ghana's Economy
- An Exciting Year
- How Can We Tell The Difference
- Does The UK’s Brexit Plan Breach International Law?
- The Diary of Anya Verkhovskaya
- What's Troubling The Stock Market? It's Missiles, Not Basis Points
- The World Divides
- The End Of The "New World Order?"