COMPLETE GUIDE OF THE TOP 100 OF THE WORLD’S 50 BEST BARS IN SINGAPORE
Travel & Leisure → Travel Spot
- Author Haesela
- Published October 18, 2022
- Word count 763
No city comes close to Singapore in terms of density and proximity of bars. The average distance between Singaporean bars in the coveted World’s 50 Best Bars top 100 annual list is not more than 1.5km apart with most bars within short walking distance from one another. Here’s what to expect from the bars, and the recommended routes.
Jigger & Pony @ Number 12 (Best Bar in Asia)
Jigger & Pony is named Best Bar in Asia, the highest-ranking bar in Asia. It has moved 3 spots down from previous year, and clinched 12th position in the World’s 50 Best Bar list. As a stalwart of the Singapore cocktail scene, Jigger & Pony continues to reinvent and provide elevated cocktail classics.
165 Tanjong Pagar Rd, Amara Hotel, Singapore 088539
Manhattan @ Number 33
Another regular on the list, Manhattan takes 33rd spot in the World’s 50 Best Bars list. The OG of finest Asian hotel bar, Manhattan has previously held the title of Best Bar in Asia on two occasions. The Manhattan trolley and barrel-aged cocktails are a must try on Sundays.
1 Cuscaden Rd, Level 2 Regent Singapore, Singapore 249715
Sago House @ Number 51
Believe it or not, Sago House’s menu changes every week! Featuring six classic styles of cocktails, the menu depends on the season and ingredients available in local markets. If that’s not amazing enough, the interior was constructed by hand with upcycled materials.
40B Sago St, Singapore 059029
28 HongKong Street (28HKS) @ Number 55
28HKS is not just a bar, it is a cocktail institution to look up to. It is the recipient of the first Best Bar in Asia award back in 2016. Despite its speakeasy no signage approach, 28HKS has continued to impress thanks to its stellar cocktails and team.
28 Hongkong St, Singapore 059667
MO Bar @ Number 57
A very well-appointed bar with a view to boast, MO Bar bears the spirit of an indie cocktail lab coursing through its veins. Recipient of Michter’s Art of Hospitality Award in 2021, the bar explores regions and flavours with guests, and uses state-of-the-art equipment such as sonic infusers and a water bath, to bring the best out of the ingredients and experience.
5 Raffles Avenue, Downtown Core, Singapore 039797
Analogue @ Number 65
The future is Analogue. Sustainability and inclusivity are front and centre of what the bar does. The team considers and cleverly uses ingredients to reduce carbon footprint. The centrepiece of the venue is an undulating 3D plastic-printed counter made from 1600kg of recycled bottles. It is lower on one end to welcome guests in wheelchairs.
30 Victoria St, #01-31 Chijmes, Singapore 187996
Atlas @ Number 67
One of the best and most beautiful bars in the world, Atlas is famous for the art-deco design and the sprawling room with a three-storey all Atlas Gin Tower that houses the world’s largest gin collection of 1,400 labels.
600 North Bridge Road, Downtown Core, Singapore 188778
No Sleep Club @ Number 69
What started as small pop-up has become one of the most up and coming bars to look out for. Coffee by day (and all day), and bar by night, the venue nicked the Campari One To Watch Award in 2020, followed by the Disaronno Highest New Entry Award in 2021.
20 Keong Saik Road, Singapore 089127
Nutmeg & Clove @ Number 74
A truly Singapore bar, Nutmeg & Clove is proud of the country’s heritage. Through its progressive cocktails, the bar retells stories of history and culture, and reinvents flavours of Asia and Singapore (which was a fishing village on the southern-most part of Malaysia not so long ago).
8 Purvis St, Singapore 188587
Republic Bar @ Number 90
Number 12 on Asia’s Best Bars 2022, and number 90 on World’s Best Bars 2022. Republic Bar’s cocktail menu takes inspiration from historical anecdotes originating from 1960s Singapore, the UK, USA and Italy.
7 Raffles Ave., Singapore 039799
RECOMMENDED BAR HOPPING ROUTES
Route 1 – 4 Bars, Total distance 2.3km , Total 29-minute walk
Jigger & Pony, No Sleep Club, Sago House and 28HKS are within 10-minute walk from one to another in and about Chinatown.
Jigger & Pony -> No Sleep Club – 0.75km, 10 mins walk
No Sleep Club -> Sago House – 0.50km, 6 mins walk
Sago House -> 28 HKS – 1.00km, 13 mins walk
Route 2 – 3 Bars, Total distance 1.3km, 16-minute walk
Atlas, Nutmeg & Clove and Analogue are located close to one another in City Hall / Bugis area. They are about 8-minute walk apart.
Atlas –> Nutmeg & Clove – 0.7km, 9 mins walk
Nutmeg & Close –> Analogue – 0.6km, 8 mins walk
Route 3 – 2 Bars, Total 0.45km, 8-minute walk (through the mall)
MO Bar and Republic Bar are just one block across each other along Raffles Avenue in Marina Bay.
MO Bar – Republic Bar – 0.45km, 8 mins walk
Manhattan is located at the quieter side of Orchard Road which is also not short of bars and the finest restaurants.
Crafts spirits and great cocktails are my game, and Singapore is my domain. I am a chronic bar hopper first, and writer second.
https://www.spunspirits.com for drinks, and https://www.brand-incorporated.com for the business stuff.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Hot Dog, Jumping Frog: Things to See and Do in Albuquerque
- What are the More Obscure Places to Visit in Sydney?
- What are the Best Places to Eat in Vienna?
- Some of the More Obscure Places to Visit in Los Angeles as a Tourist
- Miami Beach Wedding or Vow Renewal Private Ceremony
- Knowsley A Hidden Gem of Culture, Sports, and Community Spirit
- Amazing Sites of Croatia
- Have you been to Healesville Sanctuary?
- European Holidays For Culture Vultures: A Guide To Summer 2022
- The Overland Train
- The History of Croydon, Victoria in Australia
- What countires make up the Caribbean?
- Have you been to Glasgow in Scotland?
- Which city is considered the sporting capital of the world?
- Have you been to Adelaide in Australia?
- Have you been to San Francisco?
- The Beauty of Niagara Falls
- Have you been to Kananaskis in the Canadian Rockies?
- Have you been to Sydney in Australia?
- What is Christchurch in New Zealand most known for?
- Have you heard of Box Hill in Victoria, Australia?
- The 9 Best Beaches in Chicago
- Some Easy Banff Hikes for everybody In the Family
- Best hotels in St. Petersburg, FL
- 10 Places You Must Visit In Your Lifetime
- Cafe's, Grills, & Places to Chill
- What to See on Your Visit to Bangkok
- Just Some of the Sights You Can See on Your San Francisco Trip
- Here's What You Need to Note Before You Plan to Visit Savannah