A Guide for First Home Buyers in Australia
- Author Ray Ethell
- Published November 7, 2022
- Word count 502
First-Time Home Buyer Guide
Currently, Australia is experiencing a great construction boom with Queensland and Western Australia becoming biggest contributors to the boom. The current property market, together with the First Home Owners Grant (FHOG) scheme benefits and stamp duty concessions the government provides will help you buy your first home easily. You may even be pleasantly surprised to know that you may get a better deal now, than what you would have received a few years ago.
First Home Owners Grant (FHOG) Scheme and Stamp Duty Concessions available to First-Time Homebuyers
“Buying” or “building” your first new home should be a realisation of your dreams. And the following things will help you in fulfilling it:
The various “First Home Owners Grant (FHOG)” schemes available to you as a first-time homebuyer.
The range of “Stamp Duty” concessions or exemptions available in some states and mainland territories help in reducing the cost of your new property.
Understanding the First Home Owner Grant (FHOG) Scheme
The First Home Owner Grant (FHOG) Scheme:
Is a one-off grant, payable to you as a first-time homebuyer if you want to “purchase” or “build” a new residential property to live in; and
Is a national scheme funded by each state and mainland territory, and is administered under their own legislation.
Understanding Stamp Duty Concessions for First-Time Homebuyer
Every state and mainland territory has a first-time home buyer concession in place for stamp duty, which differs quite considerably between each state and territory.
How does First Home Owner Grant Scheme work?
The process is similar across Australia. However, you need to provide supporting paperwork in order to prove your eligibility including:
Proof of identity (you must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident);
Contract of Sale” (i.e. if you are “buying” a new home), or a “contract to build” (i.e. if you are “building” your new home); and
Proof that you and your spouse must not have previously owned a home in Australia
Note: For further information on the amount of grants, stamp duty exemptions and concessions payable by each state and territory, please visit your state government or territory website at:
New South Wales www.osr.nsw.gov.au
South Australia www.revenuesa.sa.gov.au
Western Australia www.treasury.wa.gov.au
Australian Capital Territory www.revenue.act.gov.au
Northern Territory www.treasury.nt.gov.au
Obtain the Services of an Expert
As with any aspiring new home owner buying or building your first new home at any stage of life can be an overwhelming process. You will have to find a specialised lender/credit provider who is willing and able to assist you. All these things can be daunting and time-consuming. So, having an expert finance broker on your side will save you lots of time and help you to complete your home buying process quickly.
Finance Me’s team of professionally qualified experts provides first home buyer’s loan.
There are no posted comments.
- Are Low Doc Commercial Loans available in Australia
- How to Obtain a Rural Agriculture Loan Quickly and Easily
- What is a Caveat Loan?
- Tips for improving your Credit Score before getting a Home Loan
- 3 Things To Look out for With An Equity Release Mortgage
- Manage your Debts by Refinancing your Current Home Loan
- How to Get a Home Loan with Unusual Employment or Income?
- 20 Effective Debt Consolidation Loans Tips with Bad Credit
- Tips for Choosing a Non Conforming Lender
- Why is a Good Credit Rating Important in Australia?
- Most Common Ways That People Fall Into Personal Bankruptcy
- How to Choose a Consumer Credit Counseling Agency?
- Consolidate Your Debts and Take Control of Your Finances
- How to get a Home Loan due to a Bad Credit Report
- Debt Consolidation Home Loans are a Solution to Multiple Debt Problems
- Facts You Should Know About Low Doc Home Loans in Australia
- No Doc Loans from Private Lenders
- Home Loans to Consolidate Debt for People with Bad Credit
- How Can I Get a Mortgage If I Have a Bad Credit History?
- Guidelines to Fix Bad Credit Effectively Through Dispute
- Dealing with Debt – What to know about Debt Consolidation
- Investing In Yourself Before Investing in the Market
- What Options Are Available to Settle Bank and Credit Card Debt Fast?
- Buying property in the USA — Tips for buyers from abroad
- Home Loans for Bad Credit in Australia
- Consolidating Your Debts is a Solution to Multiple Debt Problems
- Can I still get a Home Loan after Bankruptcy in Australia?
- A Guide to Non Conforming Lenders for “Out of the Box” Lending Scenarios
- Non Conforming Home Loans in Australia
- Your Guide for Debt Consolidation Loans in Australia