Consolidating Your Debts is a Solution to Multiple Debt Problems
- Author Ray Ethell
- Published November 7, 2022
- Word count 503
A Solution for Multiple Debt Problems
Are your debts getting out of control? Are you unable to manage your multiple debts? If your debt is giving you sleepless nights, it is important to seek help quickly. Remember, ignoring your debts won’t make them go away. It will only make things worse.
If you are in debt, here is a list of questions you should ask yourself:
Are you finding it difficult to meet your monthly repayments?
Consider rolling all your multiple debts into one monthly repayment. It will:
Reduce the amount you pay each month; and
Make your debts easier to manage.
Do you have multiple debts i.e. mortgage loan, credit cards and store cards?
Multiple debts means:
Paying multiple sets of interest; and
Finding it hard to stay on top of your multiple debts.
So, consider consolidating your debt because it will:
Enable you to keep track of your debts.
Enable you to pay down your multiple debts.
Do you have negative listings and defaults listed in your credit file?
If you do have a bad credit history, you will find that your loan options may be limited with prime lenders however there are Non Conforming Lenders that specialise in Debt Consolidation with Bad Credit.
Do your multiple debts have high interest rates?
Consolidating your debt should enable you to get a loan with a lower interest rate.
Do you have equity in your home?
If you do have equity in your home, you may be able to use it to pay down all your multiple debts.
When is it the best time to consolidate your multiple debts?
You can consolidate your multiple debts:
Whenever you consider you are ready.
When you are unable to manage your multiple debts anymore.
Before you Borrow
If you are thinking of borrowing money, here is a list of steps you should consider and which may help you:
Use a budget planner to work out what you are spending now.
Use a borrowing power calculator to calculate:
How much you can afford to borrow; and
If you can afford the repayments.
If you decide to borrow, shop around for the best deal and take time to compare:
Product features on offer; and
Fees and charges.
Know who you are dealing with. This means anyone engaging in credit activities (e.g. anyone providing credit or providing credit assistance to you) must give you:
A copy of the “Credit Guide”; and
A “Statement of Credit Assistance “, with the required information listed such as their Australian Credit license (ACL) number, fees and details of your right to complain.
Avoid seeking help from someone who makes unrealistic promises about getting you out of debts or who advertises that they can help you, no matter how much you owe. Remember to choose a reputed, qualified and experienced Mortgage Broker who will go the extra mile in solving your problem.
There are no posted comments.
- Home Loans for Bad Credit in Australia
- Can I still get a Home Loan after Bankruptcy in Australia?
- A Guide to Non Conforming Lenders for “Out of the Box” Lending Scenarios
- Non Conforming Home Loans in Australia
- Your Guide for Debt Consolidation Loans in Australia
- Will Australian banks lend money for tax debt?
- Non Bank Lenders in Australia
- Home Loans – Bank vs. Non Banks
- Debt – Taking Control of your Financial Situation
- Your Guide to Commercial Property Finance in Australia
- Guidelines to Fix Bad Credit Effectively Through Dispute
- Guidelines for obtaining 95% LVR Mortgage Loans in Australia
- What You need to know about Investment Property Financing in Australia
- Understanding Different Types of Land Titles in Australia
- How Does Off The Plan Property Purchase Work in Australia
- Capital Gains Tax on Property in Australia – Your Quick Guide
- What Housing Options are Available in Australia
- Your Guide to Vacant Land Loans in Australia
- A Guide for First Home Buyers in Australia
- A Guide to Property Valuations
- Your Guide to Being a Property Investor in Australia
- What do Lenders Consider when Assessing Your Home Loan Application?
- When is the right time to Refinance My Home Loan?
- Tips to Buying a New Home Off the Plan in Australia
- Home Loans for Doctors and Other Medical Professionals
- Your Guide to Finding the Right Investment Property
- Alt Doc Home Loans for the Self Employed Australian
- Will Real Estate Prices Drop In 2022 Australia?
- Can you buy a house with bad credit?