Dangerous New Epidemics in our Country and in the World--Hate and Anger
- Author June Stepansky
- Published January 17, 2023
- Word count 498
While hate and anger have been with us since the beginning of time, it has recently become more widespread because of the wider spread of disinformation available by increased special interest media coverage and the invention and the increased disinformation distribution by political individuals and campaigns on TV and social media. A right-wing political party and many politically ambitious individuals with their own political and financial incentives are using these weapons to incite hate and anger in our country and in the world to induce violence by which they hopefully intend to topple stable governments and install authoritarian regimes. How are they able to induce violence to further their objectives among intelligent and educated people? They do it by weaponizing our own anger and hate against us. They do it by feeding big lies and misinformation to large numbers of people who do not take the time to check them for the truth.
The dictionary defines hate as "an intense hostility and aversion, usually derived from fear or anger or a sense of injury." Anger is described as" a strong feeling of annoyance, displeasure and hostility." These are normal emotions that all of us feel at some time or other in our personal lives and which we usually try to handle with maturity and wisdom. But when these emotions are manipulated by those who wish to use our inner frustrations at the normal stresses of life--the stresses that trigger normal hate and anger against our difficult employers or our difficult families or our difficult friends or that even trigger our simple frustrations with our own lives at the moment and then try to turn our normal painful emotions into violence against large groups of innocent people who are strangers, that act becomes dangerous to all of us both personally and politically and can ultimately lead to the destruction of our democracy and all that we love and value.
How can we guard against being used by charismatic and unscrupulous people for their own personal and financial gains? We need to be aware how easy it is to manipulate another person emotionally. Movies do it all the time. A forceful speaker can move an audience to any emotion that they desire. We must then always be on guard to check the facts of anything that we hear or read. We must always check these facts out from different reliable sources until we find the factual truth. We must always question the motives of the people who are or want to be our leaders to find out who is supporting them financially and who ultimately benefits from what they are proposing. That is not being cynical. That is being careful not to be deceived by unscrupulous people in a dangerous world. The truth is that we will always have to watch out for and fight against dishonest and manipulative individuals and groups. That is the price we all must ultimately pay for protecting and keeping our democracy safe and strong.
June Stepansky is a published writer and poet who writes books and articles about happiness, self-improvement and social and political issues. Her poetry has been published in the literary magazine Vol No 21 Childhood and in Vol No 22. Poems that Need to be Explained.
A Different Voice—free self-help book
Kaleidoscope—free poetry book
Article source: https://articlebiz.comArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Be a Human Rights Advocate
- Silicon Valley & Biden’s Handlers VS Elon Musk & Freedom of Speech
- A Pall Settles Over America
- Nkrumah Effect And It Implications On Ghana's Economy
- An Exciting Year
- How Can We Tell The Difference
- Does The UK’s Brexit Plan Breach International Law?
- The Diary of Anya Verkhovskaya
- What's Troubling The Stock Market? It's Missiles, Not Basis Points
- The World Divides
- The End Of The "New World Order?"
- The height of human heinousness: Palestine-Israel Conflict
- Pence Was In Charge
- The Taiwan Cock-Up
- Those Who Live In Glass Houses Should Not Throw Stones
- Three Presidents
- Russian invasion of Ukraine showed all the problems of the democratic countries’ “unity”
- The Private Spies embedded among the January 6th Protesters!
- Why Nigerians should vote Peter Gregory Obi for President.
- Not What I Signed Up For
- Compounding Mistakes
- Benefits of a Paper Ballot System for State and National Elections
- Signs of the 70's
- Who is Responsible for the Mass Shootings in America?
- Bigotry Doesn't Belong in Medical Care
- Young People, Women, Independents, Minorities-- You Can Save our Democracy
- Why We Need an Independent President
- A Question for Moderate Republicans
- The 5 Reasons It’s Time for School Choice