It is more Important than Ever that we Guard against Selfish and Criminal Charismatic Leaders.
- Author June Stepansky
- Published April 29, 2023
- Word count 457
We have recently seen how our ex-president was able to rally his followers to become a dangerous mob that violently attacked our capital on January 6th with the intent of destroying our democracy.
Because we are now beginning another election campaign cycle, it is more important than ever that we guard against corrupt, charismatic leaders both nationally and locally who try to use us to achieve their selfish and criminal goals of hate, violence, and power. The key is to be aware of the warning signs that a leader may be manipulating you in order to achieve their own ends. Here are some of the warning signs to watch for.
The leader makes exaggerated promises or claims about what they will do for the group or community. -
The leader uses fear or intimidation to control people. -
The leader demonizes other groups or individuals and incites hatred against them. -
The leader is secretive about their motives or goals.
People are being asked to make significant financial or personal sacrifices without any clear explanation as to why.
If you suspect that a leader is using you or your group or community for their own gain, it is important to speak up and express your concerns. Try to get as many people as possible on board with you in order to create a united front. If the leader is engaged in unethical or criminal behavior, it is important to report them to the authorities and hold them accountable for their actions. It is also crucial to create strong boundaries between yourself and the leader, and not allow yourself to be manipulated or controlled. Remember, you have the right to say no, and you always have the power of your vote.
All through history, there have been leaders who have been very successful in their attempt to gain power and who later attempt to use that power to repress not only the objects of their hate but the entire population of the country. All authoritarian leaders have a history of the ultimate repression of all of their citizens.
If you value your freedom, be very careful who you vote for. A charismatic leader can easily use hate to get masses of people to come together against any minority that he wants to target, but once he gains power, he will inevitably use that power against his own followers and eventually take away their freedoms.
Because we are now entering the 2024 election campaign cycle, we must all be especially on guard against being influenced unduly by unscrupulous leaders who will use us if they can for their own corrupt purposes. Our democracy has never been more at risk and in need of the vigilant protection of all of us.
June Stepansky is a published writer and poet who writes books and articles about happiness, self-improvement, and social and political issues. Her poetry has been published in the literary magazine Vol No 21 Childhood and in Vol No 22. Poems that Need to be Explained.
A Different Voice—free self-help book
Kaleidoscope—free poetry book
https://www.free-ebook.net/poetry/kaleidoscopeArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- THE SUPERPOWER
- What Actions can we Take to Prevent our Country from Becoming an Autocracy?
- Pop Off Pms
- Comparison of Constitutional Review between France and United States
- How can America Fulfill its Promise and Become a more Compassionate and Democratic Country?
- A Very Reasonable Speech for Governors of Florida
- What’s the purpose of business? It’s important to ask.
- Be a Human Rights Advocate
- Putin's chef Prigozhin starting a war in Kremlin?
- Vacuum-Up - the reality. Trickel Dow the lie
- Dangerous New Epidemics in our Country and in the World--Hate and Anger
- Silicon Valley & Biden’s Handlers VS Elon Musk & Freedom of Speech
- A Pall Settles Over America
- Nkrumah Effect And It Implications On Ghana's Economy
- An Exciting Year
- How Can We Tell The Difference
- Does The UK’s Brexit Plan Breach International Law?
- The Diary of Anya Verkhovskaya
- What's Troubling The Stock Market? It's Missiles, Not Basis Points
- The World Divides
- The End Of The "New World Order?"
- The height of human heinousness: Palestine-Israel Conflict
- Pence Was In Charge
- The Taiwan Cock-Up
- Those Who Live In Glass Houses Should Not Throw Stones
- Three Presidents
- Russian invasion of Ukraine showed all the problems of the democratic countries’ “unity”
- The Private Spies embedded among the January 6th Protesters!
- Why Nigerians should vote Peter Gregory Obi for President.