6 Non-Cosmetic Benefits of Invisalign
- Author Arts Family Dentistry Of Dallas
- Published January 22, 2024
- Word count 520
When Invisalign debuted its clear aligners, the field of orthodontics changed forever. Now, patients can effectively address spaced-out, crowded, and otherwise misaligned teeth without the metal. Although the see-through trays are certainly noteworthy, they often outshine the other benefits of this discreet orthodontic solution. With this in mind, keep reading to learn six non-cosmetic benefits of Invisalign.
- Comfortable, Custom-Made Trays
Many patients ask, “Does Invisalign hurt?” The answer is “no!” Not only are there no metal brackets and wires, but each tray is custom-made from smooth, high-quality materials. As a result, they fit snugly against your teeth without irritating your gums, tongue, and the other soft tissue in your mouth. Even the temporary soreness that arises from your teeth being moved can be alleviated with a few simple steps, like sticking to soft foods.
- No Dietary Restrictions
Patients with traditional braces are asked to eliminate crunchy foods from their diet, including celery, carrots, and raw nuts. Fortunately, the same cannot be said for Invisalign! Since the trays are removable, you can continue to eat all of your favorite meals throughout your teeth-straightening journey.
Important note: Since the development of a cavity will bring your treatment to a temporary stop, it’s a good idea to continue to watch your intake of added sugar.
- Shorter Average Treatment Timelines
Typically, traditional braces take 24-36 months. Conversely, the average treatment timeline with Invisalign is only 12-18 months! Of course, the exact length of your treatment will depend on important factors like the complexity of your case. Plus, you need to follow all of the guidelines your dentist gives you to a tee to stay on-track, including wearing your aligners for 20-22 hours a day.
- Fewer Check-In Visits with Your Dentist
Every few weeks, patients with metal braces need to visit their dentist for an adjustment appointment. As for patients with Invisalign, they usually only come in for check-ins every six to eight weeks. Although these appointments are short, they serve an important purpose: they allow your dental team to closely monitor the movement of your teeth. If they aren’t moving as anticipated, then changes to your treatment plan can be made early on – before significant delays are necessary.
- Hassle-Free Oral Hygiene
Since traditional braces can’t be removed, patients often must purchase specific oral hygiene tools and dedicate a bit more time to their dental care regimen in order to effectively clean their teeth, gums, brackets, and wires. Again, the same cannot be said for Invisalign – the trays are removable! All you have to do is take your aligners out, rinse them off with water, and place them in their designated case before brushing and flossing as usual.
- Reduced Risk of Cavities
Oftentimes, patients who get Invisalign are focused on the aesthetic benefits, like straight teeth. However, improving the alignment of your teeth and bite also improves the health and function of your smile! After all, even mild cases of malocclusion can create crevices that food particles, plaque, and bacteria get stuck in, increasing the chances of tooth decay developing.
Now you know a few of the non-cosmetic reasons to choose Invisalign!
There are no posted comments.
- 3 Ways Your Smile Can Help Your Career
- Top 5 Anti-Aging Skincare Ingredients That Work
- Read About The Faqs Of Careprost!
- Careprost Vs Latisse: Which Lash Enhancer Reigns Supreme?
- The Top 5 Anti-Aging Ingredients That Actually Work For Your Skin
- Bridal Glow-Up: Tanning Tips and Services for Hills District Brides
- The Ultimate Guide to Eyelash Extension Care: Tips for Long-Lasting Lashes
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Right Eyelash Extensions for Your Eye Shape
- Mobile vs. Salon Tanning: Which is Right for You?
- Align Your Outer Appearance With Your Inner Identity
- Are Medspas The Walmarts Of Esthetic Medicine?
- Improve The Personality Implied by Your Face
- Is Face serum beneficial and why you should include it in your daily routine?
- Costco Has the Secret to Stronger Nails and Shinier Hair—Discover It Now!
- Achieving Natural-Looking Lip Fillers: Tips for the Perfect Pout
- Celeb Hairstylist Reveals 5 Must-Try Tips for Healthy Hair
- The Power of Superfoods - Boosting Longevity and Nutrition
- How to Twist Natural Hair for Beginners
- Best Cosmetic Packaging Supplier from China - UKPACK
- Feminine Products for Breast, Libido, Bladder, and Skin Health
- Create your own unique shade of beauty with Custom Eyeshadow Palette
- Unveiling Aveli: The Revolutionary Cellulite Reduction Treatment Taking NYC by Storm
- "Your Beauty Tips" - Simple Advice for a Radiant You
- "Homemade Skin Cosmetics: Natural Recipes for Radiant Skin"
- The Science behind Careprost: Understanding its mechanism of action
- Revitalize Your Body with MedSpa and IV Therapy in Scottsdale, Arizona
- Why Regular Dental Check-ups Are So Important
- The Science Behind Body Sculpting: How Cavitation Works
- Unveiling the Best Sonicare Toothbrush: A Comprehensive Review