What Could Make a Dental Bridge Fail?
- Author Dentistry For Life - Lancaster, Pa
- Published January 25, 2024
- Word count 482
At first glance, you might assume dental bridges are foolproof. That’s a common thought – prosthetic teeth can often seem invincible. Still, the truth is quite the opposite: various things can make a dental bridge fail. If you aren’t careful, you’ll have to replace the new teeth soon after getting them. Luckily, there are steps you can take to avoid that outcome. Read on to learn three major causes of dental bridge failure, as well as ways to prevent it.
What Causes Dental Bridge Failure?
In reality, many factors can result in dental bridge failure. Some of the most common ones include the following:
Poor Oral Hygiene
Even if they aren't "real" pearly whites, dental bridges require proper oral care. Anything less will cause them to fail quickly.
Remember, dental bridges depend on abutment teeth. The nearby chompers keep them steady and secure. Still, a buildup of plaque will easily harm the abutments. Said teeth could then decay and destabilize the bridge. Left unchecked, this instability would only trigger bridge failure.
Bad Oral Habits
Ultimately, some oral habits aren’t just bad for natural teeth. They’re also bad for replacements like dental bridges.
You see, bridge materials have their limits. They can and will break if put under enough force. So, habits like nail biting, teeth grinding, and tongue thrusting aren’t good for them. The practices would eventually cause a bridge to fall apart. You’d then need to get a new one or some other tooth replacement.
Lack of Professional Care
While dental bridges don’t decay, they still benefit from your dentist’s eyes. Lack of professional care can lead them to fail over time.
If you don’t already know, you can’t keep your mouth clean alone. There’ll always be hard-to-reach places your toothbrush and floss miss. Plus, you yourself might overlook a potential oral issue. Given these facts, not seeing your dentist will threaten your bridge. Problems you can’t handle on your own will make the appliance fail.
How Can You Prevent It?
Of course, it’s always possible to prevent an early bridge failure. You just need to stick to the right tips and tricks. In particular, use the ones listed below:
• Clean Your Teeth Regularly – By brushing twice daily and flossing once daily, your abutment teeth will stay healthy. From there, your bridge should last longer than it would otherwise.
• Form Better Oral Habits – By avoiding bad oral habits, you'll reduce the risk of a broken bridge. You could even get a nightguard to prevent overnight teeth grinding.
• See Your Dentist Often – A dentist can maintain your bridge with regular checkups and cleanings. That way, they’ll prevent (and reverse) potential threats to the new teeth.
Ultimately, there are things that can make a dental bridge fail. Use the practices above to ensure your own lasts a long time.
There are no posted comments.
- Navigating Global Trade: A Beginner's Guide to Finding Reliable Importer Data
- Expert Garage Door and Gate Repair and Installation in Redmond: Keeping Your Access Secure
- From Paper to Digital: Transforming QA with Dynamics 365 Business Central
- The Impact of Maternal Narcissism: Healing Wounds from Childhood
- 3 Ways Your Smile Can Help Your Career
- Mandarin Oriental Hotels Announces Opening of Mandarin Oriental Bolidhuffaru in the Maldives 2025
- What are the Key Responsibilities of a Sports Nutritionist?
- Experts On Call: Your Ultimate Solution for Reliable Service Professionals in Australia
- J. David Tax Law: Your Top Tax Levy Lawyer in North Carolina
- Who Can Garnish Tax Refunds: Your Questions Answered
- Top 5 Anti-Aging Skincare Ingredients That Work
- Read About The Faqs Of Careprost!
- Unlock the Secrets to Handling a North Carolina Notice of Deficiency
- Exquisite Nuptials Abroad: A Romantic Odyssey Through the Charm of France, Italy, and Spain
- Using Leaky Feeders for Communication
- From Adoration to Control: Unmasking the Tactics of Love Bombing
- Reclaiming Your Voice: Finding Empowerment After Divorcing a Narcissistic Spouse
- Discover Unmatched Quality and Service with Great Value Garage: Tacoma largest Garage Door Company chooses you.
- Navigating the Dynamic Landscape of Hot Trends in SMM Panels
- Careprost Vs Latisse: Which Lash Enhancer Reigns Supreme?
- Rustic woodgrain farmhouse cottage with vintage carved barn doors
- The Top 5 Anti-Aging Ingredients That Actually Work For Your Skin
- The woman who looked down on her husband: African Folklore, a Story my Father Told me
- Bridal Glow-Up: Tanning Tips and Services for Hills District Brides
- The Ultimate Guide to Eyelash Extension Care: Tips for Long-Lasting Lashes
- Navigating Challenging Business Conditions: The Power of Strategic Marketing
- Shifting from Fossil Fuels to Renewable Energy – Using Sustainable Technologies
- Exploring Paris: A Journey Through Time and Culture
- The Ultimate Guide to Color Grading: Techniques and Tools for Beginners
- The Connection Between Sleep Apnea and Cardiovascular Disease