Aldactone: What is Aldactone?
- Author David Parton
- Published December 3, 2007
- Word count 521
What is Aldactone Medication?
Aldactone (generic name: Spirionolactone) is a water pill (diuretic)and antiandrogen. The medicine is also marketed under other names such as Novo-Spiroton, Spirotone, Spiractin and Berlactone.Aldactone is known as a potassium-sparing diuretic, as the term suggests, this medication keeps your potassium levels from getting too low while preventing your body from absorbing too much salt .
While regularly prescribed for high-blood-pressure patients, the drug can also be prescribed along with other drugs. However, the drug is useful only for controlling, rather than curing, high blood pressure.Aldactone has to be taken regularly for its effect to become apparent.
Blood pressure cannot be brought under control quickly. It is also advisable to keep using Aldactone even after you have started feeling better.Aldactone also treats fluid retention (edema) in people with congestive heart failure, cirrhosis of the liver, or a kidney disorder called nephrotic syndrome. This medication is also used to treat or prevent hypokalemia (low potassium levels in the blood).
What is Aldactone prescribed for?
Aldactone is also used for the diagnosis as well as the treatment of Hyperaldosteronism .This is a condition in which you have too much aldosterone in your body. Aldosterone is a hormone produced by your adrenal glands to help regulate the salt and water balance in your body. Excessive amounts of Aldosterone can increase the fluid retention in the body and is a contributing factor of high blood pressure or hypertension.
The safety and effectiveness of Aldactone is dependant upon a strict adherence to a medication schedule and should never be used without a prescription and consultation of your doctor. To avoid any complications and possible worsening of the condition it is essential to follow a specific schedule for dosage and avoid any sudden discontinuation of the drug. If a dose is missed, Aldactone should be taken as soon as possible, however, doubling-up on the dosage can be dangerous and is not recommended.
Certain foods should be avoided while taking the medicine. In case of surgery or other medical emergencies, the doctor should be informed beforehand about the usage of the drug.
What are the Side effects?
Because aldactone is designed to alter the levels of potassium in your system, some side effects may occur as your body adjusts to these changes. These may include symptoms such as excessive thirst and dry mouth, arrythmia, cramps or muscle pain all conditions related to the change in the levels of potassium in the body.
Other potential side effects may include breast development in among male users, deepening of voice, excessive hairiness, irregular menstruation, fever, headache, diarrhea, drowsiness, bleeding or inflammation of the stomach and liver, and skin problems.
Patients who have problems related to the heart, kidney or liver, and a high level of potassium in the blood should not be prescribed the drug.Do not start using a new medication without telling your doctor. If you are being treated for high blood pressure, keep using this medication even if you feel fine.
High blood pressure often has no symptoms but can be treated effectively without adversely affecting your active lifestyle.
David Parton is a researcher of hypertension treatments including Atacand and runs a successful website devoted to high blood pressure product reviews and information.
For more information or to purchase Atacand for yourself click hereArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What Role Does a Hospital Chargemaster Play in Revenue Cycle Management?
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak
- Infertility In the West Is Becoming An Increasing Problem
- Which is the safer consumption of pill- oral or vaginal administration?
- 5 Common Types Of Arthritis
- What is Lortab?
- How Can Cannabis Help People With Multiple Sclerosis?
- 6 Ways to Find the Best Pediatrician for Your Kids- JPCKIDS
- Eat Right to Beat Cancer with Diet
- ADHD Medications – Are You Getting The Full Story And Giving Your Child The Best Possible Treatment?
- How this New Medical Device Could Help Save a Hundred Thousand American Lives Annually
- What Is CBD?
- Dental tourism in Vietnam: Safe or not?
- What you need to know before traveling to Vietnam for dental care
- #1 Home Remedy To Typhoid And Malaria