Cosmetics for Sensitive Skin
- Author Sara Stewart
- Published December 13, 2009
- Word count 886
When you have sensitive skin, you have to be careful about every single product you use. Many cosmetics contain harsh ingredients and additives that can cause breakouts, allergic reactions, dry skin and a host of other issues. It goes without saying that sensitive skin deserves and needs special treatment. If you’re looking for cosmetics that are specifically tailored for sensitive skin, here are some helpful tips and suggestions.
Take note of which cosmetic ingredients irritate your skin. You can keep a personal log of ingredients to keep track of which products cause which reactions. It’s extremely important to check ingredient labels every time you buy new cosmetics. Count the number of ingredients in your cosmetics. The fewer ingredients in a cosmetic, the less likely it is to cause a sensitive skin reaction. Most dermatologists recommend that women with sensitive skin should avoid any cosmetic that contains more than ten ingredients.
Generally, powdered cosmetics contain fewer ingredients and fewer preservatives than liquids or creams. One good choice for all skin types: Skinn High Definition Cotton and Mineral Foundation, as part of the Skinn High Definition Cotton and Mineral Foundation Set.
Store all cosmetics properly, and use them in ways that don’t contaminate the contents of the jar, bottle or other container. For instance, always use clean fingers when applying creams or lotions to avoid transferring bacteria to the cosmetic. Bacteria are common culprits in many skin irritation situations.
Replace old cosmetics when they expire. Old makeup products can spoil, especially those that contain all natural ingredients. And if you’ve had an eye infection, discard any eye makeup that you may have used to avoid re-infecting your eyes.
Invest in a good set of makeup brushes and keep the clean and disinfected. Having a set of makeup brushes separate from the applicators that came with your cosmetics will avoid the tendency to just drop the applicator brush back into the cosmetic where any contaminants can infect the rest of the product.
Common Sensitive Skin Irritants
Stay away from waterproof cosmetics. Waterproof cosmetics require cleansers that contain solvents that can be irritating to sensitive skin. Even worse, they remove your skin’s own protective oils, or sebum, which exposes your skin to chemicals and other irritants in the environment.
Use pencil eyeliner, which is much less likely to cause problems than liquid eyeliners. Also, dermatologists believe that black is your best choice for eyeliner and mascara because the colorants used are among the least likely to contain allergens. A good choice: Senna TLC Mascara and Eye Makeup Remover Duo.
Use a foundation that has a silicone base if you must use a liquid or cream foundation. Silicone doesn’t cause acne, and is much less likely to irritate skin than oily foundations.
Also, check the sunscreen ingredients used in makeup with an SPF. Women with sensitive skin should only use makeup that contains zinc oxide or titanium dioxide. Chemical sunscreen ingredients that can absorb sun rays rather than deflect them are more likely to be irritating to sensitive skin.
If you have sensitive skin, these suggestions can help you steer clear from irritants and protect your skin. Here are a few recommended products for sensitive skin:
Cosmetic Finds for Sensitive Skin
• A good, hypoallergenic cleanser is a must for sensitive skin. Cleaning your face thoroughly each night is vital to keeping your skin clear and blemish free. Intelligent Nutrients Anti-aging Cleanser and Moisturizer Duo with Wash Cloth is USDA certified organic and contains anti-oxidants and nutrients to help renew and refresh skin without drying it.
• Moisturizer is another necessity for most types of sensitive skin, but it’s important to choose a moisturizer that won’t over-stimulate your skin’s own oil glands. Mastic 24h Moisturizing and Rejuvenating Cream is made with a simple and pure formula that includes calendula cream and green tea to refresh skin and keep it young and supple.
• It’s not easy to find an exfoliating cleanser that is kind to sensitive skin, but Kellie Oliver has put together an entire cleansing package for women with sensitive skin. The Best of Kellie Oliver collection includes a masque and cleanser made with papaya, which contains enzymes that help get rid of old skin cells and renew your skin.
• Sun does more damage to skin than any other environmental factor. A good foundation includes sunscreen, but women with sensitive skin need to be careful of the sunscreen ingredients they use. Senna’s Barely Base Tinted Mineral Foundation is a sheer cover foundation with an SPF of 15. The sun protection is provided by zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, the two safest sun screens for sensitive skin. The color is provided by minerals, which are far less likely to irritate sensitive skin.
• Mature skin needs special care to help keep it young and toned, but many of those ingredients can irritate sensitive skin. Intelligent Nutrients Anti-aging Mist and Serum are designed especially for the needs of mature, sensitive skin. The water based moisturizers are made with certified organic ingredients that stimulate collagen production without irritating skin sensitivities.
If you’re still having trouble finding foundations, eye shadows and other cosmetics that don’t irritate your skin, consult a dermatologist for more help in finding the safest beauty regimen and cosmetics.
Sara Stewart is a freelance writer who writes about style, fashion and shopping, often offering tips and advice about home shopping.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Appreciating your silent heroes with Photo to words
- A Revolution for Change | Modern Art
- The Beginner's Guide to Kamado Grills
- The Best Way to Practice Applying Makeup Around the Head Model
- 6 Questions to Ask Before Buying a Rice Cooker
- 7 Different Types of Crystal Glass Decanters Homeowners Must Know
- Vape Coils | eJuice Direct
- 4 Reasons Why a House Party Host Must Consider Crystal Glassware Items
- Smart Considerations before Investing on Crystal Glassware
- FAA Order of Right-Away Challenged by Unmanned Aircraft Or UAVs?
- Pianoforall Reviewed: Secrets To Learn How To Play Piano Fast And Easy!
- Why Should You Have To Wear Designer Watches
- 5 Essential Crystalware to Deck up your Home during Celebrations
- How to Clean Coroplast Cage?
- Guide To Choose Perfect Striped Pillow Cases
- Which Dental X-Rays Machine Is Worth To Buy
- Best Buy Acquires GreatCall, A Leading Connected Health Services Provider.
- Jones & Black E Liquid Review
- Adding Flare to Your Translation Tool Kit
- How Does Beard Oil Work?
- 4 Unparalleled Features of Modern Headphones
- Why Alpaca?
- Landline vs VoIP - Smarter BusinessVoIP vs. landline: which is better for your business telecoms?
- Take a Look at Mi Max 2 Online and Compare Before Buying
- Know the Various Features of Latest Redmi Note 4
- Know About Various Types of Trolleys Make Work Easier?
- Lenovo K6 Power, Phab 2 Plus - Smartphones for Budget-Conscious Segment!
- Mens Dress Shirts For Your Best Appearance
- What's the Best Soundbar for Me?
- Top 5 Reasons That Make Cuboid Metal Power Banks Appealing