5 Steps to Effective Blog Posting
- Author Tj Philpott
- Published January 18, 2010
- Word count 608
Your blog posting is the most important aspect you can focus on if you intend to grow the subscriber base of your site. Blog building can be and is a tedious process beginning with establishing a content development strategy that will appeal to your blog reader. From there your visitors will hopefully post comments allowing you to gather any suggestions they may have in order for you to make improvements.
You may say 'wait a minute, who whose blog is it anyway?' Well actually you are writing for the blog reader so I guess it is really theirs and this is something you need to be mindful of. From the blog theme to the layout and the graphics you need to always look to your readers for their approval or lack thereof. Your ability to respond to these 'suggestions' will ultimately be the deciding factor in the level of success you achieve with your site. But it all starts with your blog entries and not only what they are about but also how they are presented.
Let's look at 5 things you can do to make your blog entries more appealing to your subscribers and keep them returning while attracting new ones.
The content you present should always in some way useful to your readers and ALWAYS consistent with the blog theme itself. Now 'useful' can be interpreted also as humorous, insightful or even shocking as long as it holds the readers attention and interest.
Write Less Say More
When you write a post just keep in mind you want to get your point across quickly and clearly. Your intention is to always encourage the blog reader to return to your site but long and rambling posts will only frustrate and annoy them.
Let Your 'Hair' Down
You are amongst friends or at least within a friendly alliance of people who visit your site looking for both informative content but in a casual setting so give it to them. By maintaining a 'formal' tone this tends to make the atmosphere less relaxed thereby making it a little less attractive to the reader.
You want visitors to experience a friendly and comfortable environment much like being in their own home and wearing a comfortable pair of slippers.
Speak Your Mind
Do so but within reason of course! Your candid opinion is normally welcomed and is part of what makes this blog 'uniquely you' and do not lose sight of that. Candid comments generally promote feedback from participants which is good since interactivity on a blog helps make it more interesting and popular with the readers.
When Spoken to Respond
When your readers post comments always make the effort to respond if the comment warrants a response. They may criticize one of your blog entries or perhaps compliment you on it but either way this feedback is giving you direction: take it!
It is also very important to make your readers feel a part of the group and by acknowledging them you are doing so.
Your blog posting is the very foundation upon which your site is built and is also dependent upon to grow. As we have already discussed blog building is a rather slow process. This process is built primarily around the content development strategy you have established and how it evolves according to your readers wishes. The way in which you 'present' your content is a key element in how receptive your subscribers will be to it. By following the 5 suggestions we mapped out above in presenting your content to your readers you should be able to keep them satisfied and keep your site growing.
There are no posted comments.
- Canva free vs paid Canva Pro: Is it worth the upgrade?
- Can't Seem to Find the Time? Write Blog Posts Faster with These Techniques
- 11 Tips to Build a Social Media Presence
- How to Write a Blog Post Your Audience Will Love
- How To Write An Effective Blog.
- 8 Benefits of Content Marketing
- Tips On Hоw Tо Effectively Uѕе Artісlе Mаrkеtіng
- What are speaker tracking and auto framing?
- India .vs. USA
- How to Increase Site Traffic by Pinterest SEO
- The Future Of The CMS: 4 Trends You Need To Act On Now
- Artificial intelligence is coming
- Internet of everything vs internet of things
- What Is Cybersecurity Management and Why Is It Important? - Answer Watcher
- Scope of advanced air purifier at neutralizing coronavirus in India.
- While utilizing Belkin switch which investigating steps ought to be followed for situation based blunders?
- What Does "Make Money Online" mean?
- Step-by-Step Guide: Create the Best Custom Computer
- Computer and Video Games
- Buying Backlinks for SEO - Is that bad?
- What is a session in Google Analytics?
- Who do digital marketing certification
- Surviving a Work-At-Home Environment During COVID-19 Crisis
- Top 5 Profitable Blogging NIche
- How to Use Blogging to Promote a Website
- Generate More Leads and Get Return On Investment by Using WordPress Web Site for Your Business.
- How To Write A Great Blog Post With CareerSteering
- Blog post Canada
- Steps To Create A Perfect Social Media Profile For Your Business
- Ways Guest Blogging Can Help To Increase Your SEO Rankings