3 SEO Tips to Increase Blog Traffic
- Author Tj Philpott
- Published January 29, 2010
- Word count 554
Every blog can benefit from additional traffic and sometimes all it takes is just a few simple SEO tips to make this happen. Increasing blog traffic can be done several ways and often it involves a good amount of time and effort. But by applying a few simple techniques that lack the involvement of much time or effort any blog can start to enjoy plenty of free online advertising. Once certain SEO techniques are implemented and maintained you can expect to attract an avalanche of search engine traffic which is the best traffic of all since it is targeted and free.
Let's look at 3 simple tactics you can use to make your blog more search engine friendly thereby attracting more targeted traffic to your site.
Your blog posting needs to maintain a consistency in regards to the subject the post is about. Each post should only focus on one subject and not 'stagger' around onto various topics. Firstly this will make it hard for you to properly optimize the post with keywords and will only serve to confuse search engines that are trying to rank that post.
The other obvious drawback to wandering away from your topic will be the confusion it will create for your readers.
In effect you will be creating a 'double edge' sword that likely will have negative results with both your readers and the search engines.
Quite simply the more incoming links your blog has the better. Having other sites link to yours is viewed quite often as a barometer of the 'popularity' of your blog. When these links originate from higher ranking sites they tend to carry more 'influence' thereby helping to boost your own ranking.
The best way to gain links like this is to maintain good quality content on your blog and to post often. By posting frequently you attract search engine spiders to crawl your site for the new content. Every time this is done it helps to 'bump' your site in the rankings which makes it more noticeable to not only new readers but to other sites as well.
As you build up the number of posts to your blog you will want to start linking similar posts to one another. It is inevitable and expected that most of your blog posting will contain parallel thoughts and ideas. It is wise and encouraged to link these posts so your reader can easily navigate around your blog to find similar material to what they are currently reading.
This strategy also makes it easy for search engines to 'crawl' your site and find all the relevant content you have posted.
Now there is much more to this particular strategy which will need to be covered in more depth in another article. For the time being however realize that linking your post together based upon their similar content is a very important SEO technique
The 3 SEO tips we discussed here today, if done correctly, should enable you to increase both the amount free online advertising and blog traffic you receive. These simple techniques served to make your site more search engine friendly leading to a higher ranking for your blog. Needless to say the end result will be an increase in the search engine traffic you will receive at your blog.
TJ Philpott is an author and Internet entrepreneur based out of North Carolina.
To discover more SEO Tips that will boost the flow of traffic to your site and to also receive a free instructional ebook that teaches valuable niche research techniques simply visit:http://blogbrawn.com/Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Tips On Hоw Tо Effectively Uѕе Artісlе Mаrkеtіng
- What are speaker tracking and auto framing?
- India .vs. USA
- How to Increase Site Traffic by Pinterest SEO
- The Future Of The CMS: 4 Trends You Need To Act On Now
- Artificial intelligence is coming
- Internet of everything vs internet of things
- What Is Cybersecurity Management and Why Is It Important? - Answer Watcher
- Scope of advanced air purifier at neutralizing coronavirus in India.
- While utilizing Belkin switch which investigating steps ought to be followed for situation based blunders?
- What Does "Make Money Online" mean?
- Step-by-Step Guide: Create the Best Custom Computer
- Computer and Video Games
- Buying Backlinks for SEO - Is that bad?
- What is a session in Google Analytics?
- Who do digital marketing certification
- Surviving a Work-At-Home Environment During COVID-19 Crisis
- Top 5 Profitable Blogging NIche
- How to Use Blogging to Promote a Website
- Generate More Leads and Get Return On Investment by Using WordPress Web Site for Your Business.
- How To Write A Great Blog Post With CareerSteering
- Blog post Canada
- Steps To Create A Perfect Social Media Profile For Your Business
- Ways Guest Blogging Can Help To Increase Your SEO Rankings
- Content Marketing matter for all sizes of Businesses
- How To Unroot Android - A quick guide to unrooting with Samsung Odin
- Importance of Blog content for Every Business
- 5 things you need to consider before starting a blog
- Welcome to Anthony Morrison Blog
- 6 Tips to Make Your Blog Popular