How to Improve Thinking
- Author Karen Prime
- Published March 31, 2010
- Word count 733
We want to be more intelligent, wiser, smarter, a quick thinker, and brainier. But what if you were born with a particular level of IQ? Will you be content? At this day and age, you can already do something about your IQ. There are now means and ways to better yourself, maximize your brain power and increase your intelligence. You can now learn how to improve thinking. Please take a look at the following tips on how to improve thinking.
Brainstorming. When you brainstorm, you think of something and try to come up with as many connections as you can with that something you first thought of. But this time, instead of thinking just one thing at first, you come up with two very different things like moon and panda for instance. Then, you think of as many connections as you can between these two objects. This will extend your imagination and sever the critical ability that hampers the flow of ideas. In the process of doing so, this will eventually teach you how to improve thinking.
Do a bit of relaxing and flexing. This will help enhance your ability to do better at processing mental tasks. For students who are taking exams for example, flex and relax your muscles at least 30 minutes before the exam. This will boost your concentration and ability in solving puzzles and very difficult problems by 25%.
Spell it away. This is more like doing some mind-mapping. If you have a particular goal or concern and it seems very hard to see the solution at the end of the tunnel, spell it out. Try to make a web of ideas making connections and sense of everything. This will make you learn how to improve thinking. By doing this, you will be able to spot right away solutions to your problems.
Remember that novel activity is great. Whether it's getting into a new sport, a new hobby or learning a new language, it helps form new dendrites in your brain cells. They are those stems that aide in memory power. Strengthening dendrite connections boost memory power and increase IQ in the process.
Let's get physical. Doing aerobic exercises is a tool in enhancing your fluid intelligence (learning something new). It aides your frontal lobes in storing and processing information like advanced planning and quick decision making. At least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise a week should do the trick.
Visit dreamland. Make sure you get a good night's sleep. Being able to rest your brain for a good full eight hours of sleep helps revitalize your brain functioning. Doing this everyday will definitely give your brain power a boost because you allow your brain to repair the damaged cells and tissues, repair the psyche, and improve your overall mental performance the next day. So avoid drinking coffee a few hours before bed time. You may drink milk instead. This will greatly make you learn how to improve thinking.
Walking, just like any other exercise, increases one's intake of oxygen. The more oxygen your brain has, the better it can perform. Do this for at least 45 minutes, three time a week. You will find that you become more energetic, you can multitask easily and you feel less sluggish and lazy.
It is in the early hours of the morning that your brain is at its sharpest level. Use this time wisely by getting a lot of things done. Tackle the more important and difficult things and save the easy ones for later.
Chunk your meals. Eating every few hours provide your body and your brain needed nutrients without bombarding your system with sugar. When you eat huge amounts at a time, the sugar you consume goes to your stomach and away from your brain where it is needed the most.
Have Vitamin B at the ready. This can be found in chicken, oats, tuna, whole wheat and bananas. They help manufacture and repair damaged brain tissues and help in improving your memory too.
By now you should start feeling and seeing the benefits of knowing how to improve thinking. All these simple tips are teaching you how to improve thinking, not just for you but for anyone who is interested in increasing their IQ. This is very much possible nowadays. All you really have to do is be committed to the task and know that you will be rewarded in the process.
Karen Prime is a work from home mom who discovered simple ways on how to increase her brain power. See how Karen Prime learned to improve thinking skills and became a member of Mensa by checking her blogArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Subjective perception – Process
- Ayahuasca and the evolution of consciousness
- Why not live vicariously through Yourself?
- Reverse Aging Through the Art Quantum Physics
- What causes depression and how can you cope with it?
- Meet Psychiatrist to free from Mental Illness
- Are you humble or vain?
- "The one word you need in order to succeed"
- Wait for it... -- On the virtue of patience
- Don't be that guy...
- Investigative Hypnosis: Is It Effective Or Completely Bogus?
- Healing Childhood Emotional Wounds
- Depression: It's All in Your Head
- Taking Depression By The Horns!
- Effect of Brain Injuries
- Enneagram Type 4: Creativity is your hidden treasure
- How To Remember Your Dreams
- Natural Ways of Dealing With Depression
- Difference between psychosis and schizophrenia
- Dr Eric Amidi on the Power of Positive Thoughts
- How to Increase Your Self-Esteem and Increase Success
- What Everybody Ought To Know About Self – Hypnosis
- Seven Ways to Maintain Eternal Happiness
- Preventing and Solving Crime by Reading the Criminal Mind
- Getting things done and stop procrastinating
- Alternative ADHD Solutions
- How Psychiatry Is Misunderstood
- What Celebrities Suffer from OCD Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
- Important Facts about Mental Health
- Treatment Plans for Drug Addicts