Affiliate Marketing - Easy Money is a Myth
- Author Charlie Essmeier
- Published May 22, 2007
- Word count 432
If you surf the Web regularly, you won't have to look to hard to come across the term "affiliate marketing." Affiliate marketing is the term used to describe retail sales where one party offers a product for sale while another party, or "affiliate", advertises the product. If the customer buys, both the affiliate and the retailer of the product make money.
Many of the products sold on the Web via affiliate marketing are books devoted to the topic of making money online. Many of these products promote affiliate marketing heavily, using such phrases as "the easiest money you will ever make" or "make money on autopilot." Advertisers often exaggerate extensively, suggesting that you can work mere minutes per day while taking in hundreds, or even thousands of dollars daily. There is certainly money to be made, but it's more work than it appears.
A few affiliate marketers do earn the kind of money they mention in their ads. Their claims of huge earnings are not necessarily false, but their suggestions that you can easily achieve the same results that they get are a bit far fetched. Many of the more established online marketers have been doing online sales for years. There is more to their years of experience than simply wisdom; many of them have mailing lists with tens or even hundreds of thousands of customers. When a new product becomes available, these people can type up a single e-mail sales pitch and have it delivered to 50,000 people or more within an hour. Everyone else has to try to sell the product by writing articles or by trying to attract paying customers to their Website.
Selling through one or more Websites is profitable, but it takes time to learn how to draw visitors to your site. After that, you have to learn how to create your site in such a way that visitors become persuaded to become buyers. As with any other business endeavor, there is a learning curve and discovering how to build an effective Website can take months of valuable time.
Anyone who is interested in affiliate marketing shouldn't be discouraged by the notion of hard work. In time, one can create a network of profitable Websites and a large mailing list of customers who are ready to buy. These things are achievable, but they take time and effort. In spite of the advertisements that litter the Web about "printing money", "autopilot profits" or being buried under an "avalanche of cash", most people who make money through affiliate marketing do it the old fashioned way - they work for it.
There are no posted comments.
- The 3 Most Neglected Factors in Affiliate Marketing Success
- Some Advice about Affiliate Marketing
- What is freedom to you?
- Work From Home – Can Anyone Really Make Money Online From Home?
- Automated Email Marketing Logic
- Affiliate Marketing – How To Get Started In 6 Easy Steps
- Difference Between Frozen Fruit and Fresh Fruit
- Finding a niche to promote
- Reasons why BRAC is the most successful NGO globally
- How to start affiliate marketing - complete guide for beginners
- Nothing But the Best Aerial Drones for You
- Drones with Cameras for Adults
- Finding Help with Which Drones to Buy
- Drones are making it's way to the Future!
- 6 Smart Selling Strategies To Market Big Ticket Products
- 9 Compelling Reasons for Home Based Affiliate Marketing
- Sustainable and Eco Friendly Sneakers And Running Shoes
- Affiliate Marketing
- How to be Successful ClickBank Affiliate or Seller in Less Than 3
- How to Promote Top ClickBank Offers to Generate a Passive Monthly Income
- Why You Should Promote Recurring Affiliate Programs
- Hull business partners with charity that empowers widows and orphans in Sierra Leone
- Three-Layer Content Marketing Strategy For Clickbank Promotions
- The Importance Of Web Lead Generation
- 5 Ways Makes Money on YouTube
- How to Join an Online Network Marketing Business – 16 Tips to Success
- How to get thousands of fresh high quality backlinks to boost your organic traffic and rankings?
- Affiliate Marketing: Persistence Pays
- Listen up: why we can't get enough of audiobooks(Best site to stream Audiobooks)
- Make an Incredible Income With Affiliate Marketing!