Affiliate Marketing - Easy Money is a Myth
- Author Charlie Essmeier
- Published May 22, 2007
- Word count 432
If you surf the Web regularly, you won't have to look to hard to come across the term "affiliate marketing." Affiliate marketing is the term used to describe retail sales where one party offers a product for sale while another party, or "affiliate", advertises the product. If the customer buys, both the affiliate and the retailer of the product make money.
Many of the products sold on the Web via affiliate marketing are books devoted to the topic of making money online. Many of these products promote affiliate marketing heavily, using such phrases as "the easiest money you will ever make" or "make money on autopilot." Advertisers often exaggerate extensively, suggesting that you can work mere minutes per day while taking in hundreds, or even thousands of dollars daily. There is certainly money to be made, but it's more work than it appears.
A few affiliate marketers do earn the kind of money they mention in their ads. Their claims of huge earnings are not necessarily false, but their suggestions that you can easily achieve the same results that they get are a bit far fetched. Many of the more established online marketers have been doing online sales for years. There is more to their years of experience than simply wisdom; many of them have mailing lists with tens or even hundreds of thousands of customers. When a new product becomes available, these people can type up a single e-mail sales pitch and have it delivered to 50,000 people or more within an hour. Everyone else has to try to sell the product by writing articles or by trying to attract paying customers to their Website.
Selling through one or more Websites is profitable, but it takes time to learn how to draw visitors to your site. After that, you have to learn how to create your site in such a way that visitors become persuaded to become buyers. As with any other business endeavor, there is a learning curve and discovering how to build an effective Website can take months of valuable time.
Anyone who is interested in affiliate marketing shouldn't be discouraged by the notion of hard work. In time, one can create a network of profitable Websites and a large mailing list of customers who are ready to buy. These things are achievable, but they take time and effort. In spite of the advertisements that litter the Web about "printing money", "autopilot profits" or being buried under an "avalanche of cash", most people who make money through affiliate marketing do it the old fashioned way - they work for it.
There are no posted comments.
- The Ultimate Guide to Starting Affiliate Marketing: Make Money While You Sleep
- Work from Home: The Ultimate Guide to Remote Jobs and Online Paying Jobs
- The Thriving World of Freelancing: Unleashing Your Potential
- Is Something Not Right, Or Is It Wrong? A Question I Need Answered.
- Doctor's Survival Home Remedies
- GetResponse Review-An In-Depth Look at Email Marketing's All-in-One Solution
- How many teaspoons are in 30 ml? Mini Guide
- Safeguard Your Digital World, Unleash Peace of Mind
- Unlock Your Online Earnings Potential Today!
- Why Your Company Needs Employee Resource Groups
- Boost Your Earnings with the LiveGood Affiliate Program: A Comprehensive Guide
- Unlock Unlimited Earning Potential with Fiverr Affiliate Program: The Ultimate Guide to 2023
- Affiliate Marketing vs. Dropshipping: A Comprehensive Comparison
- Best paint for exterior metal door
- The Ultimate Guide to Affiliate Marketing for Beginners
- Ways to Make Money
- How to lose weight
- Social Media Marketing For Gainers
- Live Your Best Life Now: Join the LiveGood Community for Free and Unleash Your Full Potential!
- Transform Your Video Marketing Strategy With This Latest AI Technology
- Video marketing blaster
- The Ultimate Guide to the Online Marketing Strategy Gadgets That You Need
- How to Make Money Online While You Sleep: 3 Simple Steps to Success
- How To Get More Views on YouTube: 5 Easy Ways to Boost Your YouTube Channel
- How to Promote Your Fiverr Gigs as an Affiliate
- 16 WAYS TO PROMOTE YOUR YOUTUBE VIDEO FOR MORE VIEWS
- History of the Keurig Coffee Makers
- Affiliate Marketing: What It Is and How to Get Started
- What is Affiliate Marketing Affiliate Marketing?
- How to Make Money from the Internet: A Beginner's Guide to Affiliate Marketing