How To Select Your Online Business Niche
- Author Lynn Vandyke
- Published May 16, 2006
- Word count 506
Last week I talked about the importance of finding your niche. I mentioned how significant it was to feel passion and interest in your business idea. I received quite a few emails asking for more clarification. So I am writing this next new article to provide more information on finding a niche, but more importantly I am going to show you a tool that will help you determine the perfect niche business idea.
First let’s talk about what a niche is, why it is important and how you should narrow the field. A niche is a focused area of concentration. A niche could be about orchids whereas a topic, or non-niche, would be flowers. Orchids are focused. Flowers are topics.
It is important to find your niche in business because it answers extremely relevant questions. You must know who your customers are and what they want from you. Choosing a niche almost immediately fills in all blanks about your target market. Knowing your customer and their problems will allow you to offer solutions. Solutions are products or services that you offer to a group of targeted individuals.
Narrowing down your niche can be hard. Start by writing down all the things you love to do and enjoy in life. Include life experiences, jobs, skills, interests and passions. Really dig in and take the time to think of lots of ideas. Get specific. Ask others what they think your niche is. You may find some really surprising answers!
There is another way to narrow down your niche as well. It’s a new tool designed to help you navigate through questions with multiple answers. In fact this tool was just launched last week and I have already used it 3 times. I used it to determine my next business project, to determine my next info-product and to determine what my next article should be about. Voila! You are reading it.
Before I provide you with this free tool I want to warn you of two common syndromes. One is called the “Ready-Aim-Ready-Aim” syndrome. I know this syndrome very well. The “Ready-Aim-Ready-Aim” syndrome is for people who plan and plan and plan. They never really put action to their thoughts because there is always more to learn or more detail to uncover. The result is that their ideas and plans never actually take off.
On the other hand there is the “Fire-Aim-Ready” syndrome which is quite opposite. It is for people who just go out and create without putting much effort or planning into their course of action. It often results in mistakes and possibly failure. Poor planning is definitely to be avoided.
Noting both of those circumstances helps me set the stage for this new tool I have found. You can ask it any question you desire and through a process of 5 steps your answer will emerge. Use it to find the perfect niche for your business! The free decision making tool is called Choose It and can be found at http://chooseit.sitesell.com/mylife.html
Lynn VanDyke builds successful websites. She provides several options for business owners including a “Jump Start Your Online Business” CD-ROM. Visit http://www.LynnVanDyke.com to learn more about her and her services. Lynn's content website is ranked in all 3 major search engines and is in the top 1% of all websites worldwide according to Alexa.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Black Friday 2020 The Countdown Begins
- Dragon Medical One | An Amazing Cloud-Based Speech Recognition Solution
- Web Design Options for Web Designers on a Budget
- Hidden Camera Price in Pakistan - Tips to Get One For Less
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of Buying Laptops Under 200 Pounds.
- The Digital Transformation of AS9110 Quality Management Systems
- How to start an E-commerce Business? A guide for beginners.
- Get High Quality Shirt Boxes Wholesale at iCustomBoxes
- The Best Gift on This Father’s Day
- New Trends for Cosmetic Packaging
- How to Hide Out-of-Stock Products from your Collections on Shopify
- Changing product prices on Shopify: How to do it right?
- A Picture With Words: The Simple Living Biography Of Our Love Life
- Retaining Memories of Moments with your Baby through Picture with Words
- Importance of online shopping, don’t waste your time.
- Put Song Lyrics on Pictures and Pass Your Love Messages
- How to Lay Artificial Grass
- Drop Shipping for Dummies: Easily Start a Dropshipping Business Today
- How to find dropshipping products at B2B prices?
- Tech Sector to Weather Economic Storm
- Insight into Asia's Tech Scene
- Tricks to run ESO as smooth as possible
- Shipping to Brazil: New Tax ID regulations
- Why Should Your Business Use Same Day Delivery Services?
- Some Challenges and Roadblocks faced by E-Commerce Startups in 2020
- A new technology based on Image Recognition is revolutionizing eCommerce
- A Quick Buying Guide to Understand What To Look For in a Tray
- 8 Common Dropshipping Mistakes to Avoid at All Costs
- Considering Kel-F ® PCTFE within Plastic Fasteners?
- What Is the Best Alternative to Facebook Ads for Dropshipping Businesses?