How To Become Unconsciously Competent
- Author Rishan Bo
- Published November 25, 2010
- Word count 539
We all start at the bottom in learning things. And when you’re learning information, you get to conscious competence. That’s when you know the information but you have to consciously apply that information. You have to think about applying it.
The only way you can get to unconscious competence is by using one of two methods.
Number one is by doing it over and over and over at the conscious competence level. The example is tying your shoelace. How did you get to the unconscious competence level when it comes to tying your shoelace? The answer is by doing it over and over and over again at the conscious competence level. You do it over and over again, and all of a sudden, you become unconsciously competent.
So what’s the mechanism in which to get to unconscious competence? When you do something over and over again, you are actually creating neural pathways in the brain. These are biological connections between dendrites that connect and actually grow in size. They are energy channels where information and energy is transmitted through the brain. They are actually patterns that develop in the brain. So to get to unconscious competence level, you do something over and over again, creating that neural pathway. Just like how you tie your shoelace right now. You did it over and over again until you no longer consciously apply the information that you’ve learned, when you first tied your shoelace.
There is a second method, which is really interesting. It’s by observing someone else do it. That’s one of the advantages of having a mentor and being an apprentice. You get to observe someone else. This is the reason why associating with people who have what you want is a good idea.
You know like monkey see, monkey do? That’s what I’m talking about. If you’re learning from somebody doing it wrong, you’re gonna do it wrong yourself. That’s why if you want to be a great chef, you’re gonna have to be an apprentice of a spectacular chef so that you have a good chance to be a spectacular chef yourself. If you wanna be a spectacular musician, and you’re an apprentice of a spectacular musician, then that’s your advantage. You have a big chance of becoming a spectacular musician yourself.
You see, when you associate with people who are adept at certain professions, you get to see what they do, see how they act, and you turn around and get that as well. Being able to witness them, watch them, observe them, does create neural pathways in the brain as well. But I would strongly suggest that, as long as you don’t observe these people on a regular basis, your level of proficiency is not going to be as good. You actually may become unconsciously competent in doing it wrong. So learning this information from those who have achieved and use it professionally and perfectly, and to a very high level, is something that you have to do. So, by observing those people who are doing it, modeling and mimicking after them is the way to get to unconscious competence level.
Visit my website at http://AttractingAbundanceHQ.com where I provide the most effective information on attracting abundance on the planet!Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- They Say, “What Are You Looking for in Your Next Job?” And You Say…What?
- Celebrate Recovery Appomattox
- Effective Tips to remember all that you studied
- Writings Don’t Come Naturally
- Can we enjoy playing chess more than video games?
- Effects of Insomnia on Health
- How to learn or improve English online and for free
- 5 Ways To Motivate Yourself
- Examining our Thoughts and Decisions
- Balance and Planning
- Love and Dependency
- Does your argument pass the equivalence test?
- The Unexamined Life
- Best guide to cut out hair in Photoshop
- 15 Reasons Why You Should Study Environmental Science
- How to Keep Your Workplace Neat & Clean
- Get Rid Of The Negativity In Your Life
- 3 Rules for Building Wealth That Have Been Around Since the 1800s
- How To Overcome Depression
- The 30 Minutes Magic Pill! Your Guide To Happiness
- It's ALL In The Believing
- Where to get ideas for cool content?
- Cross-cultural long-distance relationship advice
- Your Prosperity Today can Become Your Adversity Tomorrow: A Case Study of Zimbabwe
- Seeds of What?
- How forgiveness and empathy might harm you
- Replacing Your Stress Habit: Jest for Stress
- The One-Degree Shift
- The Power Of Constructive Impatience - A Key To Resiliency
- Be a Better Thinker When You Write Like This