Use Laptop Locks to Give The Best Computer Security to Your Laptops
- Author Gad Alexander
- Published December 5, 2010
- Word count 448
These days it is the laptop computers that are at the most risk. A study by Symantec gave an estimate that one laptop in every 53 seconds fall into wrong hands; thanks to laptop theft. While there is lot of research going on in the field of computer security, as of now the prospect of recovering the stolen laptop is not even to the tune of 5 in 100. That’s a scary figure though.
Better still, you don’t have to panic – just like how you prevent yourself from getting infected against a dreadful disease like say HIV, you can take preventive steps to secure your laptop.
There are a range of laptop security solutions to prevent your laptop against casual or even an opportunistic theft, from laptop locks to laptop carts to laptop safes for the dorm rooms, plate lock systems for the high-risk environments such as universities and schools, most of these have proven to give the computer security.
Some helpful tips whether or not you use computer security hardware
Serious laptop thieves can cut through the cables and the like lock-down devices very easily, so to ensure a multi-layered protection to your laptop you may include laptop tracking devices in case even if the laptop is stolen a chance to trace it is there.
Use security devices and recovery software that are bonded or provide a written guarantee that your computer will be recovered. Many of these companies work closely with police to recover your stolen items.
Encrypt the personal information and data on your laptop, including the valuable documents, important passwords, as well as the address books.
Use drive locks besides a laptop lock as they help protect various types of drives and deter the thief to intrude and access information stored on the laptop.
Enable booting of the laptop with a password prompt.
There is no second thought about giving the best security to your office or your school dorm or your school and there is no better choice than to have the laptops locked when not in use. This is the first line of defense to safeguard the computing systems.
For people who prefer to use notebooks or laptops for use during travelling, securing the laptops with a laptop lock is positively one of the easiest and user-friendly ways. There are a few laptop locks that are transportable while giving permission to users to carry his/her work. Therefore, safeguard your investment and information stored on the laptop with safe laptop locks. You can pick from inexpensive cable locks to Apple MacPro locks for the high-security environments, from low profile small locks to locks that offer maximum security depending on your computer security needs.
There are many online laptop locks stores but not all have the high-security good laptop locks. If you want one high security low profile laptop lock then the x-Trap laptop lock should be for you. From universal to specific laptop computer security hardware, the http://www.laptoplocks.com/ offers good computer security solutions.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- When to choose red teaming over penetration testing: A guide to a robust cybersecurity program
- Protect your files with drive image backup software
- How Cloud Management Values Change Your Business
- The U.S. Government and Zero Day Vulnerabilities
- Spyware – Yet Another Cyber Menace
- Reset lost passwords in Windows with Active@ Password Changer
- Antivirus measures you should know when your PC is infected with a virus
- Security Fit For Royalty!
- Global VPN Use Is Booming But So Is Cyber-Censorship
- Things to do to make your business, cyber secure
- The new European data protection system
- Avoiding Disaster: Make Website and Business Asset Backups Mandatory
- 12 Ways to Keep Your Data & Identity Safe Online
- Associate With Avast Support USA To Shield PC Against Viruses And Malware
- Microsoft Office Customer Service for Office Setup
- What is All-czech browser hijacker and how to remove it
- Methods to delete Web-start.org from computer and browser
- What is Odin ransomware, how to decrypt .odin files
- How to remove Loadstart browser hijacker
- How to remove Tech-connect.biz from Google Chrome and all other browsers
- How to remove Alma Locker ransomware virus
- How to remove SOEASYSVC adware from your browser
- How to get rid of SafeSurf virus
- How to remove Cryp1 virus and to restore the encrypted files
- What is Social2Search, and how it differs from other adware
- How to remove Hohosearch adware from computer and browser
- Browser Hijackers, the Methods Of their Action And the Ways to Remove Them
- 5 Website Security Issues You Should Be Aware Of?
- What is a denial of service attack?
- How to Remove VISUAL SHOPPER completely