Mac Locks Secure Your Computer and Leave You in Peace of Mind
- Author Gad Alexander
- Published December 10, 2010
- Word count 406
If you have been using a dorm room for sometime, chances are that you or a friend of you might have lost Macbook. The Macbook thefts are a common complaint from dorms and schools. You may be wondering how in spite of using a macbook lock it can be taken away by thieves. Well, not all the mac locks are designed as thief proof devices. In fact no lock can be a hundred per cent foolproof.
Take any brand of mac locks, they’d be designed to make it difficult for the thieves to steal the macbook. And as a rule of the thssumb should stealing take more than a couple of minutes, it isn’t stealworthy in the eyes of thieves and they would just give their catch a big pass.
Especially consider a crowded school or a library or train or similar areas where crowd is anticipated. If you should be constantly eyeing on your macbook, it makes pretty difficult for the thief to use a cutter to unlock the computer without having anyone go noticing the thief.
With that being said, we do not want to take that share of risk by using a flimsy and cheap cable to secure the expensive gadget we own. Do we?
Then the immediate question that pops up is what kind of a mac lock, whether a combination mac lock or say key lock that can give cost effective computer security solution?
If you see a combination lock, it has its advantages of being cheap device, but what if a sneak peek gets his eyes on the code? Oopsy Daisy! How much we’d hate that? And what if the code itself crashes?
Additionally, a Macbook Air notebook which in fact is an irresistible temptation of a gadget and you cannot carry it as a baby all the time to everywhere you go- sounds weird as well as unrealistic. The other disadvantage with a Macbook Air is that it also doesn’t come with conventional lock slot. So, you would need a lock that would fit the size (sleek) of the Air. There are a few brands of plate mac locks exclusively for the aluminum-based iMac notebooks. Generally, the plate secures the iMac to a fixed object such as a table or a desk and deters anyone attempting to move it. So a plate lock offers benefit of stopping the mac from otherwise accidental tip over events.
There are many online mac locks stores but not all have the high-security mac locks. If you want a mac lock then the Mac Lock – Power Mac Security Plate Lock should be for you. From universal to specific iMac computer security hardware, the http://www.maclocks.com/ offers good solution. The company has designed plate security locks for Macs that blend with the aesthetics of the computer too.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Protect your files with drive image backup software
- How Cloud Management Values Change Your Business
- The U.S. Government and Zero Day Vulnerabilities
- Spyware – Yet Another Cyber Menace
- Reset lost passwords in Windows with Active@ Password Changer
- Antivirus measures you should know when your PC is infected with a virus
- Security Fit For Royalty!
- Global VPN Use Is Booming But So Is Cyber-Censorship
- Things to do to make your business, cyber secure
- The new European data protection system
- Avoiding Disaster: Make Website and Business Asset Backups Mandatory
- 12 Ways to Keep Your Data & Identity Safe Online
- Associate With Avast Support USA To Shield PC Against Viruses And Malware
- Microsoft Office Customer Service for Office Setup
- What is All-czech browser hijacker and how to remove it
- Methods to delete Web-start.org from computer and browser
- What is Odin ransomware, how to decrypt .odin files
- How to remove Loadstart browser hijacker
- How to remove Tech-connect.biz from Google Chrome and all other browsers
- How to remove Alma Locker ransomware virus
- How to remove SOEASYSVC adware from your browser
- How to get rid of SafeSurf virus
- How to remove Cryp1 virus and to restore the encrypted files
- What is Social2Search, and how it differs from other adware
- How to remove Hohosearch adware from computer and browser
- Browser Hijackers, the Methods Of their Action And the Ways to Remove Them
- 5 Website Security Issues You Should Be Aware Of?
- What is a denial of service attack?
- How to Remove VISUAL SHOPPER completely
- Just a few Thinkings In relation to File and Document Management Systems Protection