Quick Tips to Protect Your MAC
- Author Gad Alexander
- Published December 8, 2010
- Word count 446
To own MAC computer is like owning the most beautiful woman in the town – a prized possession that everyone would envy. Mac has many advantages that people prefer them to ordinary PCs or laptops. For instance, a Mac offers higher sound and superior picture quality than any PC. In fact, lately Macs have become the way to go. Games or ease of use it has to be a Mac; and there is nothing to compare the beauty of Mac.
While the MAC is so attractive and powerful and east to use, you got to stay warned here. Because these are also gadgets with high desirability quotient especially to ladrones as they have instant yet lucrative market for the stolen MACs too. While a new one costs as much as $3k a pre-owned MB pro also fetches a minimum of $1000
So there is no way that you have got to stick your eyes to your eyes on to your Macbook to have it secured and safeguarded.
Some tips to protect your Mac landing into the hands of thieves:
Use Mac lock: Take a mac lock and lock your computer. This is the oldest and proven yet kind of ignored tip to secure the Mac. A Mac comes with a special slot in its case that is meant for cabling the Mac to the desk using a Mac lock.
There are many cables available on the market from many brands and most of these are user friendly to install. There comes a latch that can be locked as well so the side panel can be protected from someone opening it.
Back up the data: It cannot be stressed more that you need to always have a back up of data from your Mac. You can take back up at various levels using various techniques.
Encrypt personal information and data: Set a password prompt for admin and generate one that can’t be easily guessed. Create "Guest" account that doesn’t have admin access. This eludes the necessity to try and get an access to other accounts.
Use a Mac case but don’t explicitly exhibit it: Use a carrier/case to take the Mac, but for a travel pick a case that doesn't resemble a Mac carrier. This eliminates you from the eyes of opportunistic thieves in the first place.
The aforementioned tips may not be 100% foolproof or guaranteed, they would improve the chance of getting back your Mac book by some probability if not zero.
The only investment option in these tips is the use of Mac lock as computer security solution. It maybe pricey but it is the practical and most effective ways to deter thieves.
There are many online mac locks stores but not all have the high-security good laptop locks. If you want one high security low profile mac lock then the x-Trap laptop lock should be for you. From universal to specific laptop computer security hardware, the http://www.maclocks.com/ offers good computer security solutions.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- When to choose red teaming over penetration testing: A guide to a robust cybersecurity program
- Protect your files with drive image backup software
- How Cloud Management Values Change Your Business
- The U.S. Government and Zero Day Vulnerabilities
- Spyware – Yet Another Cyber Menace
- Reset lost passwords in Windows with Active@ Password Changer
- Antivirus measures you should know when your PC is infected with a virus
- Security Fit For Royalty!
- Global VPN Use Is Booming But So Is Cyber-Censorship
- Things to do to make your business, cyber secure
- The new European data protection system
- Avoiding Disaster: Make Website and Business Asset Backups Mandatory
- 12 Ways to Keep Your Data & Identity Safe Online
- Associate With Avast Support USA To Shield PC Against Viruses And Malware
- Microsoft Office Customer Service for Office Setup
- What is All-czech browser hijacker and how to remove it
- Methods to delete Web-start.org from computer and browser
- What is Odin ransomware, how to decrypt .odin files
- How to remove Loadstart browser hijacker
- How to remove Tech-connect.biz from Google Chrome and all other browsers
- How to remove Alma Locker ransomware virus
- How to remove SOEASYSVC adware from your browser
- How to get rid of SafeSurf virus
- How to remove Cryp1 virus and to restore the encrypted files
- What is Social2Search, and how it differs from other adware
- How to remove Hohosearch adware from computer and browser
- Browser Hijackers, the Methods Of their Action And the Ways to Remove Them
- 5 Website Security Issues You Should Be Aware Of?
- What is a denial of service attack?
- How to Remove VISUAL SHOPPER completely