Guide to PC Locks
- Author Gad Alexander
- Published December 12, 2010
- Word count 494
PC locks are first line of your defense or computer security against the thefts that happen so often lately. In fact, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, theft of computing systems amount to several millions of US dollars a year in US alone. In this context, a PC lock maybe the inexpensive way to secure it from being lifted away.
Loss of hard drive, software, hardware, most importantly the sensitive data including personal information and credit card data are the things that will be up for the grab when a PC is stolen. An inexpensive PC lock for the computers is indeed the simplest way to give security to your PC as well as the data it contains.
Otherwise known as laptop lock or mac lock these PC locks secure the system in place using either a key or PIN like device to help serve it as first line of defense. However, when you have to review about PC lock information make sure you consider the following points before even choosing upon the provider of locks:
Type of the PC lock that best meets your computer security needs
PC lock cable material that you would like it to be made of
Whether your company really would benefit from the PC lock accessories offering additional computer security
Decide the type of PC locks that best meet your computer security objectives
For this, take the help of a PC lock directory which will give you details of different types of PC locks- majority of these comprise of cable-lock mechanism which much takes after a cycle lock. There are a few that sport tough and solid sleeve to secure the data too. Here the PC lock cable connects the system to one security slot which is present either on the side or even at the rear of the PC. A few of these use keys while a few others use combination lock so to offer security to the system from break in attempts.
Then compare the PC lock materials to consider the PC lock provider
Your list of things to consider a PC lock consider will be incomplete should you not take into account the materials used to make the cables that make them strong and impenetrable. While the cables are made using several types of materials, remember that if the material is more solid the harder it will be and more difficult for the ladrone to to cut through and run away with the PC.
PC lock accessories
There are many PC lock accessories that indeed offer extra line of security against theft.
Finally, you may want to save on the PC locks by buying them in bulk. Before buying, try and find a lock dealer who offers a bargain for the volume sales you are looking at. Then, as a final word of caution remember not to leave your PC unattended for extended periods of time even when you are using the PC lock.
There are many online PC locks stores but if you are looking for one that offers high security low-profile PC locks you may want to check at the http://www.pclocks.com. From universal to specific computer security hardware, the online store offers good PC security solutions.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Website security check: Tips on how to protect your website from hackers
- How will cyber threats evolve in 2020?
- When to choose red teaming over penetration testing: A guide to a robust cybersecurity program
- Protect your files with drive image backup software
- How Cloud Management Values Change Your Business
- The U.S. Government and Zero Day Vulnerabilities
- Spyware – Yet Another Cyber Menace
- Reset lost passwords in Windows with Active@ Password Changer
- Antivirus measures you should know when your PC is infected with a virus
- Security Fit For Royalty!
- Global VPN Use Is Booming But So Is Cyber-Censorship
- Things to do to make your business, cyber secure
- The new European data protection system
- Avoiding Disaster: Make Website and Business Asset Backups Mandatory
- 12 Ways to Keep Your Data & Identity Safe Online
- Associate With Avast Support USA To Shield PC Against Viruses And Malware
- Microsoft Office Customer Service for Office Setup
- What is All-czech browser hijacker and how to remove it
- Methods to delete Web-start.org from computer and browser
- What is Odin ransomware, how to decrypt .odin files
- How to remove Loadstart browser hijacker
- How to remove Tech-connect.biz from Google Chrome and all other browsers
- How to remove Alma Locker ransomware virus
- How to remove SOEASYSVC adware from your browser
- How to get rid of SafeSurf virus
- How to remove Cryp1 virus and to restore the encrypted files
- What is Social2Search, and how it differs from other adware
- How to remove Hohosearch adware from computer and browser
- Browser Hijackers, the Methods Of their Action And the Ways to Remove Them
- 5 Website Security Issues You Should Be Aware Of?