PC Locks- Can These Make Schools Vandal Proof?
- Author Gad Alexander
- Published December 12, 2010
- Word count 441
Schools and universities have to deal with many security challenges including PC theft and vandalism. Every other day there is some news about schools computers labs being attacked and while most people are of the general belief that vandalism implies physical damage, it is much more than the physical destruction; including fiddling with the operating system/s and manipulating the critical files/folders, and even causing terminals to ill function as well. There are instances where trojans or malwares will be injected into the systems and then on it will be endless demand for money else deletion of files and folders from the systems.
The end result; however, of such computer vandalism ranges depending upon the terminals and the information they have.
Schools therefore have to deal not only with PC theft but also PC vandalism, and it’s quite a challenge to say the least. And with the increased use of portable PCs such as netbooks, notebooks and hand-held computing systems the risk to hardware is only increased. So to make sure that these terminals are protected, it is even more challenging and schools will need to employ protection systems that ensures 24/7 security including but not limiting to any of these security functions:
Monitor and protect the operating systems against any manipulation by hacking or vandalism
Especially securing the system drives, folders and then the files from unauthorized access
Protecting the terminals against malwares, trojans, and scripts that ruin the function of systems
Allowing access to programs and applications specifically authorized by the administrator
Deactivating the unwanted function keys as well as system key combinations
Restricting and/or prohibiting download of the unwanted and destructive files from the Internet
Giving system administrators the role to define the URLs that the users can have access to so unwanted surfing and surfing undesirable sites is restricted
Having a program to restart a prgram in the event of system or software error
Deleting user data every time a user logs off
Logging off automatically after predetermined period of inactivity
Closing all windows and programs after the end of every session
Updating the software automatically
Scheduling date and time of system restart and shutdown
Logging out and saving user interaction
What about the physical security? To help enhance the physical security of PCs schools adopt different strategies; while installation of general security systems can prevent to some extent, they are no theft or vandal proof. Besides security systems schools depend on installation of physical security devices including PC locks such as the cable lock that lock the PCs to fixed objects such as desks or walls or having dead bolt locks or alarm systems.
There are many online PC locks stores but not all have the high-security PC locks. If you want one high security low profile PC lock then check at the http://www.pclocks.com From universal to specific laptop computer security hardware, the online store offers good PC security solutions. Not just the designs and the price ranges available will suit everyone’s taste and pocket size.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Website security check: Tips on how to protect your website from hackers
- How will cyber threats evolve in 2020?
- When to choose red teaming over penetration testing: A guide to a robust cybersecurity program
- Protect your files with drive image backup software
- How Cloud Management Values Change Your Business
- The U.S. Government and Zero Day Vulnerabilities
- Spyware – Yet Another Cyber Menace
- Reset lost passwords in Windows with Active@ Password Changer
- Antivirus measures you should know when your PC is infected with a virus
- Security Fit For Royalty!
- Global VPN Use Is Booming But So Is Cyber-Censorship
- Things to do to make your business, cyber secure
- The new European data protection system
- Avoiding Disaster: Make Website and Business Asset Backups Mandatory
- 12 Ways to Keep Your Data & Identity Safe Online
- Associate With Avast Support USA To Shield PC Against Viruses And Malware
- Microsoft Office Customer Service for Office Setup
- What is All-czech browser hijacker and how to remove it
- Methods to delete Web-start.org from computer and browser
- What is Odin ransomware, how to decrypt .odin files
- How to remove Loadstart browser hijacker
- How to remove Tech-connect.biz from Google Chrome and all other browsers
- How to remove Alma Locker ransomware virus
- How to remove SOEASYSVC adware from your browser
- How to get rid of SafeSurf virus
- How to remove Cryp1 virus and to restore the encrypted files
- What is Social2Search, and how it differs from other adware
- How to remove Hohosearch adware from computer and browser
- Browser Hijackers, the Methods Of their Action And the Ways to Remove Them
- 5 Website Security Issues You Should Be Aware Of?