Virus Removal - Macro And Trojan Horse Viruses
- Author Paul Barker
- Published January 12, 2011
- Word count 373
If you have experienced some of the issues caused by either of these types of virus you will already have some knowledge of the devastating effect they can have on your PC.
Although each of these viruses has the capability to render your system inoperable in a similar way, the way in which they enter your system is very different.
"Macros" can be found inside of all spreadsheet, word processor and slide show presentation software applications. There is nothing harmful about a macro itself. A macro is just an action file which automatically carries out program commands. Unfortunately, virus creators have found ways to infect these files and macro viruses are now the most common type of computer virus around today.
Before the birth of the macro virus, in order to create a virus the author would need to be sufficient in complex programming languages such as assembly language, but since the introduction of the macro virus it is now possible to write a simple macro virus using simple macro language commands.
Trojan horse viruses
A Trojan horse virus is a type of program that appears at first glance to be a legitimate and useful program but is in fact harmful to your system. Often found within downloads, this form of virus is usually installed by the user and can cause a variety of security and privacy issues.
As in the case of Macro viruses, Trojan horse viruses must also be executed by running the file in which they are contained. Simply downloading an infected file onto your system will not trigger the Trojan horse to activate.
It is important to remember that no matter what internet security measures you have in place, it is still possible that a virus may find its way onto your system. To fully protect all of your data, it is important to create backups regularly. Many antivirus software programs now include a backup feature which allows you to store copies of your photographs, music and important document files on an online server, allowing you to recover all of your data should the worst happen. If you're antivirus software does not have this feature included, there are numerous backup services available online for a small fee.
If you think that your system is showing signs of a virus infection then you should talk to a virus removal specialist.
Virus removal specialists can often perform many other tasks for you (including spyware removal), all remotely over the Internet, fixing your PC issues in no time at all.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- When to choose red teaming over penetration testing: A guide to a robust cybersecurity program
- Protect your files with drive image backup software
- How Cloud Management Values Change Your Business
- The U.S. Government and Zero Day Vulnerabilities
- Spyware – Yet Another Cyber Menace
- Reset lost passwords in Windows with Active@ Password Changer
- Antivirus measures you should know when your PC is infected with a virus
- Security Fit For Royalty!
- Global VPN Use Is Booming But So Is Cyber-Censorship
- Things to do to make your business, cyber secure
- The new European data protection system
- Avoiding Disaster: Make Website and Business Asset Backups Mandatory
- 12 Ways to Keep Your Data & Identity Safe Online
- Associate With Avast Support USA To Shield PC Against Viruses And Malware
- Microsoft Office Customer Service for Office Setup
- What is All-czech browser hijacker and how to remove it
- Methods to delete Web-start.org from computer and browser
- What is Odin ransomware, how to decrypt .odin files
- How to remove Loadstart browser hijacker
- How to remove Tech-connect.biz from Google Chrome and all other browsers
- How to remove Alma Locker ransomware virus
- How to remove SOEASYSVC adware from your browser
- How to get rid of SafeSurf virus
- How to remove Cryp1 virus and to restore the encrypted files
- What is Social2Search, and how it differs from other adware
- How to remove Hohosearch adware from computer and browser
- Browser Hijackers, the Methods Of their Action And the Ways to Remove Them
- 5 Website Security Issues You Should Be Aware Of?
- What is a denial of service attack?
- How to Remove VISUAL SHOPPER completely