How to Prevent Windows Password Lost?
- Author Chris Miller
- Published February 5, 2011
- Word count 502
As is known to all, a strong Windows password is the crux to computer security. In view of it, some users set an extremely complicated password consisting of various numbers, characters and symbols. It will greatly improve the system security without doubt. But if the user has bad memory, the complex password can be easily forgotten. At that time, one has to seek for methods to perform Windows password recovery.
Have you tried some methods to prevent Windows password lost? Never write your password on a sticky note plastered to a desk or monitor. If you have bad memory, you can make full of features in Windows: set a password hint or create a password reset disk. You can perform Windows password recovery with the hint or reset Windows password with the disk.
Perform Windows password recovery with password hint:
Some systems, like Windows 7, Vista and XP, allow you to create a password hint so that you can get some clues to remember your forgotten password. It can be easily created a password hint when you create a Windows password to log on to computer. Please note if your computer is on domain, you cannot create a password hint. You can right-click My Computer to select Property, and then choose Computer Name to check if your computer is on domain.
The Windows password hint should be something that can help you remember a lost Windows password while it will not leak your Windows password. It appears below the password entry box, after you make an incorrect entry and then click OK. Never set the Windows password as your password hint because everyone is able to see your password hint.
Reset Windows password with password reset disk:
If you don’t like the password hint, you can create a password reset disk. It will help you reset Windows password easily if your computer is locked.
Click "Start" button, "Control Panel", "User Accounts and Family Safety" and "User Accounts".
Click "Create a password reset disk" in the left pane.
The Forgotten Password Wizard will open, insert a USB flash drive and then click "Next".
Select the portable media drive, and then click "Next".
Enter your current password, and then click "Next".
Click "Next" when the progress indicator shows 100% complete, and then click "Finish" in the next window.
Once the password reset disk is created, it can be repeatedly used to reset Windows password without limitation. If it falls into hands of others, he or she will be able to enter your computer with the disk. So please store your disk in a safe place.
Windows Password Tips:
With the development of technology, you can not only set a Windows password composed to protect your computer, but also protect your computer with fingerprint. If you use Window 7, you can enable Fingerprint Recognition System.
If you forgot Windows password and don't have a password disk, you can resort to Windows Password Recovery software like Windows Login Recovery. It allows you to reset Windows password in 5 minutes.
There are no posted comments.
- Protect your files with drive image backup software
- How Cloud Management Values Change Your Business
- The U.S. Government and Zero Day Vulnerabilities
- Spyware – Yet Another Cyber Menace
- Reset lost passwords in Windows with Active@ Password Changer
- Antivirus measures you should know when your PC is infected with a virus
- Security Fit For Royalty!
- Global VPN Use Is Booming But So Is Cyber-Censorship
- Things to do to make your business, cyber secure
- The new European data protection system
- Avoiding Disaster: Make Website and Business Asset Backups Mandatory
- 12 Ways to Keep Your Data & Identity Safe Online
- Associate With Avast Support USA To Shield PC Against Viruses And Malware
- Microsoft Office Customer Service for Office Setup
- What is All-czech browser hijacker and how to remove it
- Methods to delete Web-start.org from computer and browser
- What is Odin ransomware, how to decrypt .odin files
- How to remove Loadstart browser hijacker
- How to remove Tech-connect.biz from Google Chrome and all other browsers
- How to remove Alma Locker ransomware virus
- How to remove SOEASYSVC adware from your browser
- How to get rid of SafeSurf virus
- How to remove Cryp1 virus and to restore the encrypted files
- What is Social2Search, and how it differs from other adware
- How to remove Hohosearch adware from computer and browser
- Browser Hijackers, the Methods Of their Action And the Ways to Remove Them
- 5 Website Security Issues You Should Be Aware Of?
- What is a denial of service attack?
- How to Remove VISUAL SHOPPER completely
- Just a few Thinkings In relation to File and Document Management Systems Protection