Freezing by Serenity
- Author Andrea Novakowski
- Published February 23, 2011
- Word count 524
Wisdom comes with winters.
~ Oscar Wilde
In this season of deep freeze outside (at least here in the Northern Hemisphere), I wonder what would happen if I put a freeze on my spending? I close my eyes and listen to my body’s response. I feel relief. I feel relief washing all over my body. A relaxation, a letting go, a sense of calm comes over me. It’s as if I am breathing mountain air with no distractions.
This would give me an excuse to stay away from stores and internet shopping; to be able to choose to not dash out to the store for one more thing; to be content with what I already have. I could easily exist without buying anything new (except for fresh food and staples) for months.
No more retail therapy for me! I have more than I need already.
What will I do with the time that is saved by not going out to spend money?
What immediately comes to mind is getting a jump start on all of the "stuff" I have accumulated in my house. What if I used my free time to get rid of the things I have and no longer want or need? I could donate it, I could sell it, or I could throw it away. I’ve been talking about decluttering my house for 2 years now. Yes, my life is busy and my belongings are a distraction. I don’t want to add anything new to my house. I want to clean it out, feel the space, feel the air.
I could just be in the moment. I could sit with a warm cup of cocoa and stare out the window at nature. I could meditate. I could write a letter to a friend. I could just be.
I invite you to consider putting a freeze on your spending this season. What areas will you choose? Clothing? Recreation? Dining?
How will you choose? Will you choose the area with the most meaning or the least meaning? Will you choose the biggest budget area or the smallest? What feels right to you?
Why would you join me on this "freezing" journey? Is your inner self calling for a break in the routine? Is she saying , "I have enough!"
What riches await you when you take time to enjoy what is right there for you? The beautiful sunrise and sunset, the sparkling snow, the clear night sky with twinkling stars, the sharp feel of cold air inhaled. All of this is available to you with no financial outlay on your part. Keep your cents and let your senses come alive.
As a lover of the outdoors, I highly recommend giving yourself the time and space to enjoy it.
Coaching Call to Action:
As you feel the pull to get in the car and go to the store, STOP! Breathe, and ask yourself, what is best for me right now? What do I really need? A connection? A glass of water, a walk around the block? A snuggle with my honey? This season choose to check in with yourself first and foremost.
Andrea Novakowski is an executive and personal coach who has been helping clients align their professional goals with their personal values since 1997. By tapping into Andrea's knowledge, tools and skills, clients are able to meld career development and personal growth to reach higher productivity and deeper levels of job and personal satisfaction. Learn more at www.coachandrea.com.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- They Say, “What Are You Looking for in Your Next Job?” And You Say…What?
- Celebrate Recovery Appomattox
- Effective Tips to remember all that you studied
- Writings Don’t Come Naturally
- Can we enjoy playing chess more than video games?
- Effects of Insomnia on Health
- How to learn or improve English online and for free
- 5 Ways To Motivate Yourself
- Examining our Thoughts and Decisions
- Balance and Planning
- Love and Dependency
- Does your argument pass the equivalence test?
- The Unexamined Life
- Best guide to cut out hair in Photoshop
- 15 Reasons Why You Should Study Environmental Science
- How to Keep Your Workplace Neat & Clean
- Get Rid Of The Negativity In Your Life
- 3 Rules for Building Wealth That Have Been Around Since the 1800s
- How To Overcome Depression
- The 30 Minutes Magic Pill! Your Guide To Happiness
- It's ALL In The Believing
- Where to get ideas for cool content?
- Cross-cultural long-distance relationship advice
- Your Prosperity Today can Become Your Adversity Tomorrow: A Case Study of Zimbabwe
- Seeds of What?
- How forgiveness and empathy might harm you
- Replacing Your Stress Habit: Jest for Stress
- The One-Degree Shift
- The Power Of Constructive Impatience - A Key To Resiliency
- Be a Better Thinker When You Write Like This