Norton Internet Security 2011 Review By Expert
- Author Jake Ghon
- Published June 13, 2011
- Word count 620
One of the new features in Norton Internet Security 2011 is that the program comes with a Web interface for your desktop.
Norton has the option to use their password manager, but just like last version, the password manager is not so secure. Norton uses a website-based parental control option now.
Norton runs much faster than previous versions, and reviewers appreciate the relatively fast scan speeds. Norton Insight makes note of trustworthy applications found on the drive(s) and adds those applications to a whitelist so they aren't unnecessarily scanned in the future.
Norton continues to dabble in free security offerings, including the Norton Online Family parental controls, the "lite" version of Norton Safe Web, and the new Norton Power Eraser.
Norton Internet Security 2011 lets you email, chat and surf the Web without worrying about cybercriminals ripping you off.
The fake security software was flagged and removed with Norton?s Insight the moment it was downloaded. Another new addition to NIS 2011 is Norton Recovery Tools that is able to recover severely damaged files on your disk that have been infected with malicious software.
Norton Internet Security 2011 includes personal firewall, anti-spyware and anti-virus software packages and other features that make Web surfing safer. This edition of NIS comes with built-in antispyware features that protect your PC from keyloggers and other computer spying software.
Norton has several great features such as excellent antivirus program, anti spyware and firewall.
When you run a scan or if there is a detection made, there is an option to select if you feel there is still a problem. Mobile users won't have to worry about laptop batteries draining because they forgot to disable a scheduled scan: NIS 2011 detects when a battery-powered laptop is idle and delays the scan accordingly.
In other words, only the files at risk will be inspected which results in more speedy virus/spyware scans. Norton Internet Security can run its antivirus routines performing either in a quick or a full system scan either in the foreground or in the background allowing the user to continue their work with other applications.
Norton's scan speed improved mainly with individual file scans, but there's been also some slight improvement with boot time.
Norton AntiVirus 2011 users won't get the web protection section and they'll see fewer app-style icons at the bottom. Overall, Norton's installation experience was fast and hassle-free, with a minimum of configuration options--but the ones that did come up appeared necessary. Security controls have been condensed into three sections in the main window: computer protection, network protection, and Web protection. So, under computer protection, there are text buttons for instantly initiating a scan, for forcing a virus database update, for accessing your History or Quarantine, and for viewing Application Ratings.
System Insight shows you how files and applications affect your PC's performance, to help keep your computer performing at its best. Norton's System Insight component has been bumped up to version 2. After completing a scan, Norton provides users with a summary report. There's also a link so that you can follow in case you believe that Norton missed something in its scan, although as the reputation-based protection matures, the need for on-demand scanning becomes less of an issue when compared with the "always-on" protection offered here. However, Norton Internet Security had a very small impact on the computer's shutdown time, slowing it down only by half a second.
Norton Internet Security 2011 continues its great tradition as a complete security suite by having a strong antivirus and firewall protection. After receiving the first update, your computer is 100% protected against any possible threats. In traditional virus detection, threats are compared to the virus signatures but to combat the fast changing threats, Norton employs a statistical detection technique.
Mike Is the Owner Of Financial services And , [
,The official main site for Norton™ Internet Security 2011 ishttp://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- When to choose red teaming over penetration testing: A guide to a robust cybersecurity program
- Protect your files with drive image backup software
- How Cloud Management Values Change Your Business
- The U.S. Government and Zero Day Vulnerabilities
- Spyware – Yet Another Cyber Menace
- Reset lost passwords in Windows with Active@ Password Changer
- Antivirus measures you should know when your PC is infected with a virus
- Security Fit For Royalty!
- Global VPN Use Is Booming But So Is Cyber-Censorship
- Things to do to make your business, cyber secure
- The new European data protection system
- Avoiding Disaster: Make Website and Business Asset Backups Mandatory
- 12 Ways to Keep Your Data & Identity Safe Online
- Associate With Avast Support USA To Shield PC Against Viruses And Malware
- Microsoft Office Customer Service for Office Setup
- What is All-czech browser hijacker and how to remove it
- Methods to delete Web-start.org from computer and browser
- What is Odin ransomware, how to decrypt .odin files
- How to remove Loadstart browser hijacker
- How to remove Tech-connect.biz from Google Chrome and all other browsers
- How to remove Alma Locker ransomware virus
- How to remove SOEASYSVC adware from your browser
- How to get rid of SafeSurf virus
- How to remove Cryp1 virus and to restore the encrypted files
- What is Social2Search, and how it differs from other adware
- How to remove Hohosearch adware from computer and browser
- Browser Hijackers, the Methods Of their Action And the Ways to Remove Them
- 5 Website Security Issues You Should Be Aware Of?
- What is a denial of service attack?
- How to Remove VISUAL SHOPPER completely