Protect Your Privacy From Keyloggers Using Password Manager Software
- Author Sam Bahr
- Published June 23, 2011
- Word count 409
Protecting your privacy online is about more than just making sure you have an anti-virus installed and functioning on your computer. If you communicate personal financial information or sensitive details over the Internet, you could be putting yourself at risk by not having a password manager installed on your computer. Keyloggers can be installed as rogue applications in any foreign .exe from any source, so even installing a small game you found for free could present a potential risk.
Once installed, keyloggers do not make their presence known. Instead, they keep a log of every keystroke your computer makes and then it reports this information back to the attacker. Once the information is in the attacker's hands, he can then analyze your browsing patterns, see where you've gone to a specific site, and then use the information you typed in to get into virtually any site you logged into with the keylogger installed. Having a PC password manager can help protect you from keylogger attacks by storing your password securely.
Choosing to download password manager software can help prevent these attacks as they store the data on your computer in an encrypted file that is then accessed whenever you want to browse your favorite sites that require a login. Sticky Password is a lightweight password management solution because it sits quietly until it is ready to perform its duty, providing you with an easy way to fill out online forms and remember passwords.
The best part of the software is because there are no keystrokes involved beyond the initial setup, even if your computer is attacked with a keylogger, either internal or external, you are safe. Passwords are generated and entered on the fly, making logging into sites and filling out forms a quick experience. The best part of the software is that it is portable. Loading Sticky Password onto a thumb drive means you can quickly take all of your passwords and information with you, so there is no need to feel unsafe using someone else's computer and worrying whether or not it may have malware that could hijack your information.
Because of its ease of use, small size, and portability, Sticky Password is one of the best password manager programs available on the market today. The software is completely free to use as well, which means there's no reason not to try it out and see if it will work for you as a password management solution.
Sam Bahr is an expert in online privacy with more than 10 years experience in detecting and identifying software threats and online exploits used to steal personal information. He recommends to use password manager software to avoid these threats.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Website security check: Tips on how to protect your website from hackers
- How will cyber threats evolve in 2020?
- When to choose red teaming over penetration testing: A guide to a robust cybersecurity program
- Protect your files with drive image backup software
- How Cloud Management Values Change Your Business
- The U.S. Government and Zero Day Vulnerabilities
- Spyware – Yet Another Cyber Menace
- Reset lost passwords in Windows with Active@ Password Changer
- Antivirus measures you should know when your PC is infected with a virus
- Security Fit For Royalty!
- Global VPN Use Is Booming But So Is Cyber-Censorship
- Things to do to make your business, cyber secure
- The new European data protection system
- Avoiding Disaster: Make Website and Business Asset Backups Mandatory
- 12 Ways to Keep Your Data & Identity Safe Online
- Associate With Avast Support USA To Shield PC Against Viruses And Malware
- Microsoft Office Customer Service for Office Setup
- What is All-czech browser hijacker and how to remove it
- Methods to delete Web-start.org from computer and browser
- What is Odin ransomware, how to decrypt .odin files
- How to remove Loadstart browser hijacker
- How to remove Tech-connect.biz from Google Chrome and all other browsers
- How to remove Alma Locker ransomware virus
- How to remove SOEASYSVC adware from your browser
- How to get rid of SafeSurf virus
- How to remove Cryp1 virus and to restore the encrypted files
- What is Social2Search, and how it differs from other adware
- How to remove Hohosearch adware from computer and browser
- Browser Hijackers, the Methods Of their Action And the Ways to Remove Them
- 5 Website Security Issues You Should Be Aware Of?