How to Protect Your Personal Information Privacy on Internet?
- Author Joy Mali
- Published June 27, 2011
- Word count 408
You must protect your personal information privacy on the internet, because unlike people, the internet never forgets! The internet has made everything easy- from buying books online to buying vegetables; it also lets you share your personal details, credit card number, phone number and email with anyone, anywhere, at any time, but not without some risk to your privacy. Whenever you put your personal information in cyberspace, whether inadvertently or by intention, it may be not possible to control who uses it or how and anyone could use it to embarrass you, damage your online reputation or worse for monetary benefits.
This article explains the key features that you must know to protect your personal information privacy online and take control of your reputation.
Think before you Share
While using social networking or photo sharing sites like Facebook, Twitter, Picasa, YouTube and MySpace or forums and chat sites, put some thought on what you are posting before posting. Keep your personal information such as address, email and phone numbers private. Change the password of your email every month and manage your passwords responsibly, which means to avoid using same passwords for every email or in any new website you join. Don't use the same password for your credit cards or bank accounts in your online transactions.
Use Personal Information Privacy Services
A personal information privacy service alerts, monitors and helps the frequent web surfers in managing online reputation by protecting personal information on the internet. It warns you if too much personal or inappropriate information is found about you online. Along with that, it also detect misuse of your identity, stop unwanted catalog and mail spam, enable browser privacy using easy to install plug-ins and cookie removal tools and more.
The internet offers various opportunities and has a lot of constructive information and resources that are accessible at your fingertips. Use precautions and make your web surfing a safe and enjoyable experience!
Protect your privacy online with MyID. Get instant privacy alerts for any risk to your personal information, financial privacy from identity theft and fraud. Enroll with myID and protect your personal information privacy in real time.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Protect your files with drive image backup software
- How Cloud Management Values Change Your Business
- The U.S. Government and Zero Day Vulnerabilities
- Spyware – Yet Another Cyber Menace
- Reset lost passwords in Windows with Active@ Password Changer
- Antivirus measures you should know when your PC is infected with a virus
- Security Fit For Royalty!
- Global VPN Use Is Booming But So Is Cyber-Censorship
- Things to do to make your business, cyber secure
- The new European data protection system
- Avoiding Disaster: Make Website and Business Asset Backups Mandatory
- 12 Ways to Keep Your Data & Identity Safe Online
- Associate With Avast Support USA To Shield PC Against Viruses And Malware
- Microsoft Office Customer Service for Office Setup
- What is All-czech browser hijacker and how to remove it
- Methods to delete Web-start.org from computer and browser
- What is Odin ransomware, how to decrypt .odin files
- How to remove Loadstart browser hijacker
- How to remove Tech-connect.biz from Google Chrome and all other browsers
- How to remove Alma Locker ransomware virus
- How to remove SOEASYSVC adware from your browser
- How to get rid of SafeSurf virus
- How to remove Cryp1 virus and to restore the encrypted files
- What is Social2Search, and how it differs from other adware
- How to remove Hohosearch adware from computer and browser
- Browser Hijackers, the Methods Of their Action And the Ways to Remove Them
- 5 Website Security Issues You Should Be Aware Of?
- What is a denial of service attack?
- How to Remove VISUAL SHOPPER completely
- Just a few Thinkings In relation to File and Document Management Systems Protection