- Author Apurv Kansal
- Published August 3, 2011
- Word count 393
The meaning of term information security is defending information system from illegal disruption, use, access, inspection, alteration, examination and obliteration. There is a relationship between various fields like computer security, information assurance and information and data security. The aim of all is to protect the integrity and confidentiality of data. Though there is a difference between all also but the dissimilarity is very small.
The difference exist in the method employed, areas each focuses upon and mainly the advance towards the theme.
Information Security in Detail
No matter what the data type is (print, electronic etc); it is the main aim of information protection to ensure that the confidentiality and integrity of the data is preserved. It also secures the computer system by seeing to it that all operations are correct.
There are much confidential information in military, government, hospitals, financial institutions and private corporations regarding their products, customers, research, employees and even finances which need to be protected against the competitors and black hat hackers. This information is usually stored on computers and such a security breach could result in bankruptcy and illegal actions.
Evolution of Information Security
The evolution in the field has been enormous over the past few years. There are many people who have taken it up as a career with varied specializations like securing application and database, securing networks, business continuity planning, auditing information systems, digital forensic science etc.
It is very important in data protection to do risk management. It is imperative to define the procedures and value of the information. Thus, information classification requires going through various stages like identifying senior member of the organization, enlargement of organization policy and then classifying the policy under different categories.
The factors that have a big role in security classification is primarily the type of organization in which information security is being carried out. For example in business sector, it is categorized as private, confidential, sensitive and public. In government sector, it is labeled as restricted, unclassified, confidential, sensitive by unclassified, top secret and secret.
It is important to understand these classification criteria by all members of an organization. Also, the security measures and how one should handle each label should be taught to the employees. Moreover, periodic review of the information asset is important to ensure security as far as information of an organization is concerned.
Apurv Kansal is Director to http://www.aretesoftwares.com/ offers "Information Security,Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Website security check: Tips on how to protect your website from hackers
- How will cyber threats evolve in 2020?
- When to choose red teaming over penetration testing: A guide to a robust cybersecurity program
- Protect your files with drive image backup software
- How Cloud Management Values Change Your Business
- The U.S. Government and Zero Day Vulnerabilities
- Spyware – Yet Another Cyber Menace
- Reset lost passwords in Windows with Active@ Password Changer
- Antivirus measures you should know when your PC is infected with a virus
- Security Fit For Royalty!
- Global VPN Use Is Booming But So Is Cyber-Censorship
- Things to do to make your business, cyber secure
- The new European data protection system
- Avoiding Disaster: Make Website and Business Asset Backups Mandatory
- 12 Ways to Keep Your Data & Identity Safe Online
- Associate With Avast Support USA To Shield PC Against Viruses And Malware
- Microsoft Office Customer Service for Office Setup
- What is All-czech browser hijacker and how to remove it
- Methods to delete Web-start.org from computer and browser
- What is Odin ransomware, how to decrypt .odin files
- How to remove Loadstart browser hijacker
- How to remove Tech-connect.biz from Google Chrome and all other browsers
- How to remove Alma Locker ransomware virus
- How to remove SOEASYSVC adware from your browser
- How to get rid of SafeSurf virus
- How to remove Cryp1 virus and to restore the encrypted files
- What is Social2Search, and how it differs from other adware
- How to remove Hohosearch adware from computer and browser
- Browser Hijackers, the Methods Of their Action And the Ways to Remove Them
- 5 Website Security Issues You Should Be Aware Of?