How to Remove Saved Passwords from Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox Browsers
- Author Audrey Preiss
- Published August 15, 2011
- Word count 467
If you have entered a lot of login credentials on a website, no matter what browser you are using, be it Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, the browser prompts you to save the passwords so that you do not have to type it the next time. If you have responded to this prompt and saved your passwords, the browser will automatically fill in your user name as well as your password, the next time you login to that website again. The password and username will be stored at the browser’s saved passwords database.
However, don’t you think that this can be a security problem? Well, any smart person would guess so. If anyone is using your home PC and makes a login to the website, he/she will also be signed in with your username and password and gain access to your accounts. In this case, it will be advisable to clear the earlier saved passwords. Just follow some simple instructions or contact an online technical support for immediate assistance.
Removing saved passwords in Chrome
The user has to open the Google Chrome browser and then click on the wrench like icon that appears at the top right hand side corner. On clicking the icon, there will be a drop down menu list from where the user has to choose "Options". In the Google chrome Options window that opens up, the user has to select the tab which is labeled "Personal Stuff". Now the user has to click on the "Show saved passwords" button. A window named "Passwords and Exceptions" will open, where the user has to click on the button labeled "Remove All".
Before removing all the passwords that you had saved from its database, Google Chrome will ask you for a confirmation. The user must choose "Yes" option for continuing and all passwords will be removed.
Removing saved passwords in Firefox
The user must open Mozilla Firefox and then select the "Tools" option from the menu bar and go to "Options". In the Options window that opens, you have to choose the tab that is labeled "Security". Now the user must click on the "Saved Passwords" button to get a list of the many passwords that you had saved in the database of the browser. From this list, the user is expected to choose the passwords that he/she has to remove and then click on the "Remove" button.
In case you want to remove all the passwords you saved, you have to click on the button labeled "Remove All". Ultimately, the user has to click on "Close" for closing the window.
If you are still facing problems in getting rid of all the passwords that you have saved while using Chrome and Firefox browsers, you can contact any computer repair service provider.
There are no posted comments.
- Website security check: Tips on how to protect your website from hackers
- How will cyber threats evolve in 2020?
- When to choose red teaming over penetration testing: A guide to a robust cybersecurity program
- Protect your files with drive image backup software
- How Cloud Management Values Change Your Business
- The U.S. Government and Zero Day Vulnerabilities
- Spyware – Yet Another Cyber Menace
- Reset lost passwords in Windows with Active@ Password Changer
- Antivirus measures you should know when your PC is infected with a virus
- Security Fit For Royalty!
- Global VPN Use Is Booming But So Is Cyber-Censorship
- Things to do to make your business, cyber secure
- The new European data protection system
- Avoiding Disaster: Make Website and Business Asset Backups Mandatory
- 12 Ways to Keep Your Data & Identity Safe Online
- Associate With Avast Support USA To Shield PC Against Viruses And Malware
- Microsoft Office Customer Service for Office Setup
- What is All-czech browser hijacker and how to remove it
- Methods to delete Web-start.org from computer and browser
- What is Odin ransomware, how to decrypt .odin files
- How to remove Loadstart browser hijacker
- How to remove Tech-connect.biz from Google Chrome and all other browsers
- How to remove Alma Locker ransomware virus
- How to remove SOEASYSVC adware from your browser
- How to get rid of SafeSurf virus
- How to remove Cryp1 virus and to restore the encrypted files
- What is Social2Search, and how it differs from other adware
- How to remove Hohosearch adware from computer and browser
- Browser Hijackers, the Methods Of their Action And the Ways to Remove Them
- 5 Website Security Issues You Should Be Aware Of?