Social Worker Career - Helping People Help Themselves
- Author Susan Withers
- Published September 17, 2011
- Word count 396
Today, in the 21st century, there is more to social work than just volunteer work, philanthropy and social reforms. The concepts of charity, compassion and equality towards the rest of the human kind have been given a more advanced, organized and effective form. A social worker of today works beyond geographical limits and boundaries of race or religion. He is educated, well trained and well equipped with modern day policy tools, to assist the human race in despair. Not to mention his passion and obligation to help the underprivileged and needy.
Since the world has changed into a global platform, the profession isn't just about helping the needy in your neighborhood. It is about helping those who need it the most. However, the approach in this regard needs to be very organized and structural. That is why we see a network of international welfare organizations working around the world for the poor, the underprivileged and the needy.
Because of the fact that social work has emerged as a global profession, the requirements of this profession have also changed a lot. It is not just about being the Florence Nightingale of your area, or doing social work as a hobby after school; the approach is more modern and systematic. It is a proper career which is rewarding and emotionally fulfilling. It requires individuals to have a proper and relevant degree from an accredited institution.
Individuals, who wish to take up a career in this field, must have a relevant degree in social work. Most of the countries have Bachelors in Social work as a minimum entry level requirement, whereas in some countries the requirements have been increased to a Master's in Social work. Related degrees in social sciences can also help in establishing a career in this field.
Because of the conditions around the world, and the ever widening gap between the haves and the have-nots, social work is one of the most lucrative professions. Recession might have affected all the other job fields but social work is one that is flourishing by the minute. This is because of the internal conflicts within countries, rising poverty around the world, natural disasters and an increased frustration level amongst mankind because of the ever widening gap between the haves and the have-nots. So this is one career through which you can make your passion for helping humanity to flourish.
There are no posted comments.
- Why to Look for Remote IT Support Jobs?
- Things to consider when looking for/applying for a commercial construction job
- Picking Career with Career Counseling
- Entry Level Online Jobs: Work for Lionbridge & Gengo
- Do I need to list job references on my CV?
- CNA Training Hempstead - Find CNA Training Cources in Hempstead
- Gagging Orders
- What Kind Of Job Can Your Stay-At-Home Wife Do?
- Technical Staffing Solutions for Orgonians
- Finding Your Next Job with a Temp Agency
- Successful Goal Setting for Today's College Students
- 5 Things You Need to Do Before Applying for a New Job
- Why Any Job Is Not Better Than No Job at All
- Do you have career regrets?
- 3 Strategies to Job Hunt after a Long Career Break
- Challenges Faced By Job Seekers
- Job Vacancies in Philippines
- Revise Your Resume Explore The Career
- The Four Stages of a Career Setback
- Take Your Resume Off Life Support
- Shifting Job Gears
- The Art of Success in the Arts
- The Business of Art
- The Art of Marketing
- I'm a Brand, You're a Brand
- What is CDR (Competency Demonstration Report)? How to prepare a Competency Demonstration Report? Where can you get help writing?
- Fall Back In Love With Your Job? Here's How!
- How to become a successful RN in the modern health sector
- Get a Degree in Vending Machine Repair For a Lucrative Career
- Family Goal Setting for Working Professionals