Can Pepper Sprays Subdue A Violent Assailant
- Author Jerry Wilkins
- Published November 17, 2011
- Word count 430
Are pepper sprays truly an effective self defense weapons? We are going to examine one of the more common myths or misconceptions about pepper sprays
An acquaintance of mine recently asked me why I sell pepper sprays. At first I did not grasp the implications of his question but after talking with him for a few minutes I realized that he believed they were useless as a deterrent for violence. I started to ask friends what they thought of pepper sprays and I was surprised about most of their answers. Pepper sprays are very cheap therefore they probably won't do the job was the usual answer. I later accepted the fact this is a common misconception
Pepper sprays are extremely inexpensive however just because a product does not cost you an arm and a leg does not mean it is useless. This attitude seems to prevail in our American society today, yet people will aggressively shop for bargains and sales. The price of pepper sprays is directly connected to manufacturing costs and the size of the container the larger the container the higher the price. Let's also note that most pepper sprays are manufactured in countries with a much cheaper workforce. It should be obvious that the retail price for pepper sprays should not be an issue.
What about the effectiveness of this product?
Pepper spray is really a non-lethal self defense weapon developed to spray into the face of the assailant. Pepper spray affects the mucous membranes, leading to your eyes dilating and triggering temporary blindness. Additionally, it irritates the bronchial tube causing it to swell, making it hard for the attacker to breathe. One burst of pepper spray affects your eyes, throat, nasal cavity and lung area, allowing the effects to last as much as two hours. Pepper spray is produced from hot cayenne all kinds of peppers. The active component is known referred to as oleoresin capsicum.
Pepper sprays are a proven reliable self defense weapon. Law enforcement Agencies, correctional facilities and Security Companies have all provided their personnel with pepper sprays. I was sprayed with this product while training with 40 other cadets at the Baltimore City Police Academy. Ever one was incapacitated for at least thirty minutes, and it was a few hours before we fully recovered. I also used pepper sprays on suspects resisting arrest and the only problem I incurred after that was listening to them screaming for help. If you would like to try a very efficient, highly reliable self defense system for around ten visit my web site at www.defendmax.com.
Jerome Wilkins is a former decorated Baltimore City Police Officer. He is presently a Security Consultant and owner of DefendMax LLC. Visit his web site and and get a 10% discount off of your 1st order of pepper spray or other self defense product.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Protect your files with drive image backup software
- How Cloud Management Values Change Your Business
- The U.S. Government and Zero Day Vulnerabilities
- Spyware – Yet Another Cyber Menace
- Reset lost passwords in Windows with Active@ Password Changer
- Antivirus measures you should know when your PC is infected with a virus
- Security Fit For Royalty!
- Global VPN Use Is Booming But So Is Cyber-Censorship
- Things to do to make your business, cyber secure
- The new European data protection system
- Avoiding Disaster: Make Website and Business Asset Backups Mandatory
- 12 Ways to Keep Your Data & Identity Safe Online
- Associate With Avast Support USA To Shield PC Against Viruses And Malware
- Microsoft Office Customer Service for Office Setup
- What is All-czech browser hijacker and how to remove it
- Methods to delete Web-start.org from computer and browser
- What is Odin ransomware, how to decrypt .odin files
- How to remove Loadstart browser hijacker
- How to remove Tech-connect.biz from Google Chrome and all other browsers
- How to remove Alma Locker ransomware virus
- How to remove SOEASYSVC adware from your browser
- How to get rid of SafeSurf virus
- How to remove Cryp1 virus and to restore the encrypted files
- What is Social2Search, and how it differs from other adware
- How to remove Hohosearch adware from computer and browser
- Browser Hijackers, the Methods Of their Action And the Ways to Remove Them
- 5 Website Security Issues You Should Be Aware Of?
- What is a denial of service attack?
- How to Remove VISUAL SHOPPER completely
- Just a few Thinkings In relation to File and Document Management Systems Protection