How to Change Bad Habits and Conquer Addictions
- Author Roseanna Leaton
- Published November 28, 2011
- Word count 456
When it comes to bad habits or indeed addictions, most people know that they would like to change. Its easy to know what you want to do or how you want to be and to make a decision to change, but it's not so easy to act upon that decision.
Why so? Because this type of decision is one that you make with your conscious mind…but you also require the co-operation of your subconscious mind. Your subconscious is the place where all of your beliefs are stored. Real decisions are the effect of your stored beliefs.
I read the other day about an experiment where a person was asked to answer questions by pressing buttons to indicate a yes or no answer, whilst at the same time their brain activity was monitored using MRI technology. The person watching the brain activity during the MRI scan could correctly predict the answer that would be provided up to six seconds before the subject actually made their decision.
This shows that the subconscious mind was processing the question amongst its pool of stored beliefs and expectations and making a decision based upon this information well before the conscious mind entered into the equation. Six seconds is a huge amount of time.
This experiment demonstrates the massive power of your subconscious mind to make decisions and rule your life, irrespective of the decisions that your conscious mind might like to make. And so if you want to curb your drinking habits, change the way in which you eat or change any other habits or addictions it pays to appreciate how your mind works and to get your subconscious mind onside.
Hypnosis provides a mental environment where your subconscious mind is open to perusal and also willing to make changes in beliefs and expectations. In hypnosis your subconscious mind comes to the fore and you can identify the chains of belief and resulting behavior that you instinctively act upon.
You can intervene in this cause and effect reaction through the power of hypnotic suggestion, thereby changing your beliefs and expectations. As your beliefs change so too does your ability to make effective the decisions that you previously only made with your conscious mind. Decisions that previously had no actual effect become powerfully effective with a little help from hypnosis.
Hypnosis allows you to embed your consciously made decisions into your subconscious beliefs and expectations so that you act upon them instinctively and automatically. With hypnosis it becomes a whole lot easier to change bad habits and to overcome addictions.
Roseanna Leaton, specialist in hypnosis mp3 downloads for health and well-being.
P.S. Discover how you can focus your mind with hypnosis. Grab a free hypnosis download from my website now.
There are no posted comments.
- They Say, “What Are You Looking for in Your Next Job?” And You Say…What?
- Celebrate Recovery Appomattox
- Effective Tips to remember all that you studied
- Writings Don’t Come Naturally
- Can we enjoy playing chess more than video games?
- Effects of Insomnia on Health
- How to learn or improve English online and for free
- 5 Ways To Motivate Yourself
- Examining our Thoughts and Decisions
- Balance and Planning
- Love and Dependency
- Does your argument pass the equivalence test?
- The Unexamined Life
- Best guide to cut out hair in Photoshop
- 15 Reasons Why You Should Study Environmental Science
- How to Keep Your Workplace Neat & Clean
- Get Rid Of The Negativity In Your Life
- 3 Rules for Building Wealth That Have Been Around Since the 1800s
- How To Overcome Depression
- The 30 Minutes Magic Pill! Your Guide To Happiness
- It's ALL In The Believing
- Where to get ideas for cool content?
- Cross-cultural long-distance relationship advice
- Your Prosperity Today can Become Your Adversity Tomorrow: A Case Study of Zimbabwe
- Seeds of What?
- How forgiveness and empathy might harm you
- Replacing Your Stress Habit: Jest for Stress
- The One-Degree Shift
- The Power Of Constructive Impatience - A Key To Resiliency
- Be a Better Thinker When You Write Like This