What does Menopause Control Mean?
- Author Sandy Durham
- Published December 16, 2011
- Word count 665
You Can Control Menopause
Menopause control means many things because there are many different things involved within menopause. When a woman gets older she will inevitably go through a period in her life where her body will change. This can cause mood swings, night sweats, hot flashes, new emotional feelings, and much more. It can actually cause a woman to feel like she has lost control.
Many women are never taught how to deal with the symptoms of menopause. There are habits you can change while your body is going through these changes to help give you the control you are looking for. This can include changing your diet, changing your daily routines, and taking specific vitamins and herb proven to help with the symptoms of menopause.
With all this said it is quite clear that menopause control means taking back your life when you feel like you have completely lost control. It means stopping the night sweats, the hot flashes, and all the other symptoms of going through menopause. In order to take control over your life again you will have to make some changes to your habits.
The Diet and Exercise Changes Necessary for Menopause Control
Even though diet alone is not the cure all for menopause there are some changes that can help with reducing many of the side effects of menopause. As a woman, it is important to view menopause as the start to a new part of your life and you will need to prepare in a different way for the second half of your life than you did for the first half.
Without the necessary changes to your diet you may notice your body gaining weight. This is very normal with getting older and going through this time of your life. However, by making positive changes in your diet you can keep the weight gain to a minimum. Remember your body is changing and will no longer require energy to support your reproductive system.
This means you do not need as high of a caloric intake every day as you are used to. With your reproductive system no longer being active your metabolism will begin to slow down. In order to maintain the current body weight you are at you may need to cut your daily caloric intake by 10 to 15 percent. It is also a good idea to increase your level of activity.
It is not necessary to make huge changes to your diet, but small changes like avoiding hot drinks can help with some of the symptoms of menopause. Also, if you cut back on the caffeine it will help with the sleepless nights you are currently experiencing. These are only minor changes you have to make to your diet to gain menopause control.
Exercise is also very important when going through menopause. If you increase your activity by just a little bit it can help your body become tired allowing you to sleep better and it will help to keep your metabolism at a higher level. This does not mean you have to spend hours upon hours in the gym, but committing to a regular exercise routine can be very helpful.
Gaining Even more Menopause Control by Seeking Help
There are many types of help you can seek out when you are going through menopause. If you want to experience menopause control you will want to figure out which type of help will be right for you. This is a very personal experience and it not the same for every woman, which means what works for you, may not be right for someone else.
You may prefer to see a doctor and get a prescription to help lessen the symptoms of menopause, while another woman may prefer a more natural menopause remedy. There are many benefits to choosing to go with the natural route. Some of the medications doctors may prescribe for women going through menopause can cause other side effects, but this is up to you.
There are no posted comments.
- They Say, “What Are You Looking for in Your Next Job?” And You Say…What?
- Celebrate Recovery Appomattox
- Effective Tips to remember all that you studied
- Writings Don’t Come Naturally
- Can we enjoy playing chess more than video games?
- Effects of Insomnia on Health
- How to learn or improve English online and for free
- 5 Ways To Motivate Yourself
- Examining our Thoughts and Decisions
- Balance and Planning
- Love and Dependency
- Does your argument pass the equivalence test?
- The Unexamined Life
- Best guide to cut out hair in Photoshop
- 15 Reasons Why You Should Study Environmental Science
- How to Keep Your Workplace Neat & Clean
- Get Rid Of The Negativity In Your Life
- 3 Rules for Building Wealth That Have Been Around Since the 1800s
- How To Overcome Depression
- The 30 Minutes Magic Pill! Your Guide To Happiness
- It's ALL In The Believing
- Where to get ideas for cool content?
- Cross-cultural long-distance relationship advice
- Your Prosperity Today can Become Your Adversity Tomorrow: A Case Study of Zimbabwe
- Seeds of What?
- How forgiveness and empathy might harm you
- Replacing Your Stress Habit: Jest for Stress
- The One-Degree Shift
- The Power Of Constructive Impatience - A Key To Resiliency
- Be a Better Thinker When You Write Like This