The Top 10 Ways to Build Backlinks
Computers & Technology → RSS / Link Popularity
- Author Caitlin Rambo
- Published December 12, 2011
- Word count 619
Backlinks are incoming links to a website or a webpage. They are also commonly referred to as incoming links, inbound links, inlinks and inward links.
Why are backlinks so important?
Backlinks are the most important factor for determining a website’s search engine ranking. The number of backlinks is an indication of popularity – the links themselves are synonymous to votes. The website with the most votes is the most important, and these websites rank higher on organic search queries in Google, Yahoo!, Bing and other search engines.
The backlinks themselves must meet several criteria. The links must be placed on relevant pages that hold a good search engine rank. Also, search engines do not just care about the number of backlinks, but how these links were achieved. If a website builds too many backlinks within a month, for example because they used a backlink purchasing service, then the search engine may discredit these links and the importance of the website because the backlinks were not created organically.
For these reasons, the quality of backlinks is more important than the quantity of links.
One of the best strategies to achieve more backlinks is a geometric link building strategy that requires a website to gradually build backlinks over time. Listed below are the top ten ways to attain more backlinks in order to improve the website’s overall page rank and SEO.
- Website Directories
Submit company information and website URL to online directories. These sites typically offer two options: users can submit basic information for free, or create an enhanced listing for a low monthly or annual cost.
- RSS Directories
Submit feeds to company blogs and websites to RSS (Really Simple Syndication) directories for free or at a cost. Directory visitors can explore blogs and articles in specific industries and niches.
- Press Release Distribution Sites
Submit news articles and press releases to free and/or paid news distribution websites. Depending on the website, services can include distributing articles to every major news site and search engine on the web, and giving detailed analytics of the press release.
- Article Marketing /Article Directory Sites
Post articles and other content to these sites for more exposure, credibility and targeted traffic. A membership is typically required (for free or at a price).
- Build Company Blog
Create a company blog (if it does not exist already) and create more content and posts. This will increase the probability of the articles being reiterated. Also, notable individuals could be interviewed in order to build readership.
- Blog/Forum Commenting
Comment on blogs and forums that are relevant to a niche and have good page rank. Add a backlink in the signature line. Make sure that the website allows URL posting in the comments.
- Guest Blogging
Offer to write free content for a website that is relevant to industry. In exchange, add a backlink in the byline of the article.
- Social Bookmarking Sites
Utilize bookmarks that reference and share online resources on social media and other bookmarking sites. These communities allow people to discover and share content relevant to their interests.
Write testimonials for clients, suppliers and other collaborators and ask them to post it to their websites.
- Joint Ventures/Partnerships
Ask friends, acquaintances, partners and the like to post the backlink URL to their webpage. Be sure to offer to reciprocate the favor.
Collectively, these ten recommendations will create an efficient and effective backlink building strategy. It is important to differentiate the links; use deep links that navigate to other pages on the website apart from the homepage. The most important takeaway concept is that quality beats quantity. Create backlinks that are relevant to an industry or niche. In the long-term this will boost search engine page rank.
For more articles by Caitlin or more information about Modern Mail, please visit our WEBSITE.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- List Building Strategies - 2 List Building Strategies That Work
- Link Building Services and Its Importance to Online Business
- What Is The Best Way To Use Naked Links?
- The Importance of Backlinks
- RSS Feeds and Aggregators
- RSS Feeds Benefits
- How RSS Feed Submissions Can Elevate Your Online Visibility
- Buy Backlinks – Guidance and Points to Consider Before Purchasing
- Highly Effective Reasons Why You Should Be Utilizing RSS
- Link Building Services for FREE Search Engine Traffic
- Trading Links - Is It Still A Strong Marketing And Advertising Method
- Discover Ways To Get Economical Yet High Quality Backlink Building Providers Online
- Link Popularity - Using Email Campaigns to Develop Links and Grow Your On-line Business
- Link Popularity - 5 Top List Building Ways to Build Your On-line Business
- Link Popularity - Step by Step Guide to Attracting Inbound Links Through Social Selling
- Link Popularity - Step by Step Guide to Attracting Inbound Links
- Link building King
- Six Link Building Mistakes To Avoid
- How Getting the Services of Link Builders Will Help You Cut Costs
- The Real Advantages Of Link Building
- Blog Commenting: An Honest Review of Blog Comment Demon for Backlinking
- Website designing in the Neo - Cosmic age
- Stealth Traffic Formula Review - Simplest Guide to Increase Traffic to Your Website
- List Building Income Plan Review - The Best Ways to Discover Mailing List Strategies
- How To Create Thousands Of Backlinks - The Quick And Easy Way?
- Building Back Links The Easy Way
- Top Methods to Effective Link Building
- Backlinking Service – A Needed Service Or Not?
- Advantages of Using RSS