Is working with applications like Google Docs a safer choice at workplaces
- Author Tom Seibe
- Published February 3, 2012
- Word count 417
The use of applications like Google Docs at workplaces are a fine decision in terms of productivity . But when it comes to sharing files via this application, you come across a couple of security issues. The number of issues includes the pharma associated spam in general recognized as ARN, which is a classic example to these Google Apps security issues. These applications can be secured to a great extent when there is only one user, however, the fact that when you share the data the security aspect goes down to a extreme extent. This is because there is little limit over how the end-users opt to use the application and share assets.
Google Docs are widely used in workplace. As per the recent survey organized by a market study group, out of five companies one use the Google Docs at their offices that can be used as the complementary tool to MS Office. The survey also suggest that the reputation of Google Docs can affect the sale of nearly all used applications like MS office at various company offices . Though no substantial kind of data is obtainable in this perspective . Well, there are a number of reasons why this is happening at workplaces. The reasons are pretty inevitable, this application is a extreme tool for business surgical procedure . However, as we have mentioned there are security issues to believe, especially when you leverage Google Sites and Google Calendar as well. So how to get rid of these security concerns which happens to be there inherently ? All you have need of is a fine visibility and accurate limit over the domain's use, ironically, the Google Restrict Panel hardly allow you to do this .
If you still involve to render your business organization with these kind of useful web based equipment for higher productivity, you have a key which can help you harness fine visibility and limit on the use. There is a product called DomainWatch that gives you excellent limit over your domain's use of these tools. The DomainWatch helps you establish custom policies in terms of way your workforce share Google Docs, Calendars, Sites and then scan your domain on usual basis to keep an eye over the policy violations . With a amount of easy and simple Dashboards you can get all the updates as regards the storage consumption, site themes used, calendar subscriptions and more. In other words, if you want to use the various Google applications with superior security and assurance, DomainWatch makes it possible.
The google docs security has some security checks to be considered while working at workplaces.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Protect your files with drive image backup software
- How Cloud Management Values Change Your Business
- The U.S. Government and Zero Day Vulnerabilities
- Spyware – Yet Another Cyber Menace
- Reset lost passwords in Windows with Active@ Password Changer
- Antivirus measures you should know when your PC is infected with a virus
- Security Fit For Royalty!
- Global VPN Use Is Booming But So Is Cyber-Censorship
- Things to do to make your business, cyber secure
- The new European data protection system
- Avoiding Disaster: Make Website and Business Asset Backups Mandatory
- 12 Ways to Keep Your Data & Identity Safe Online
- Associate With Avast Support USA To Shield PC Against Viruses And Malware
- Microsoft Office Customer Service for Office Setup
- What is All-czech browser hijacker and how to remove it
- Methods to delete Web-start.org from computer and browser
- What is Odin ransomware, how to decrypt .odin files
- How to remove Loadstart browser hijacker
- How to remove Tech-connect.biz from Google Chrome and all other browsers
- How to remove Alma Locker ransomware virus
- How to remove SOEASYSVC adware from your browser
- How to get rid of SafeSurf virus
- How to remove Cryp1 virus and to restore the encrypted files
- What is Social2Search, and how it differs from other adware
- How to remove Hohosearch adware from computer and browser
- Browser Hijackers, the Methods Of their Action And the Ways to Remove Them
- 5 Website Security Issues You Should Be Aware Of?
- What is a denial of service attack?
- How to Remove VISUAL SHOPPER completely
- Just a few Thinkings In relation to File and Document Management Systems Protection