Charming Travel in Italy: Discover the Langhe area
- Author Antonio Guastalla
- Published November 10, 2014
- Word count 507
Langhe is the name of a hilly area in Piedmont region, northern Italy, which is particularly known for its historical, cultural and food heritage.
Thanks to its beautiful castles and the breathtaking views from its hill, it has become a very popular destination for charming travel in Italy.
In this brief guide, you will find a list of the must-see attraction in Langhe area.
Barolo – As above mentioned, castles are one of the main characteristics of this area. One of the most popular one is Barolo Castle located in an ancient middle-age hamlet in the Barolo village, which also gives the name to the worldwide known wine, that visitors can taste in one of the numerous "cantine" (wine cellars open to the public) or in one of the luxury restaurants while enjoying a typical Piedmont meal.
The Wine Museum (WIMU) – If you really want to appreciate this area you must not miss the wine museum, located inside the Barolo Castle, where visitors are brought through an enchanting path to discover the castle’s artworks while tasting this precious wine.
Alba – This village is another must-see attraction of Langhe area. Take a tour of corso Vittorio Emanuele and discover the charming historical centre with its small shops where you can find typical product such as the exquisite white truffle or the Langhe hazelnuts. Every Saturday morning in the centre is held a picturesque market, be sure not to miss it!
Grinzane Cavour’s Castle – 5 km away from Alba, you can find the Ginzane Cavour’s Castle. This famous castle was built for the important statesman Camillo Benso, Count of Cavour, who lived in Grinzane for 19 years. The castle is listed among the UNESCO World Heritage sites and contains an ethnographic museum and a charming restaurant.
Breathtaking views – If you like breathtaking views and panoramas, you must not miss La Morra belvedere, a panoramic view point where you can admire the beautiful hills and vineyards of this area. Also, do not miss the sunset from Altavilla, another enchanting village, only a few km away from Alba.
Truffle Hunting tour – Accompanied by an expert of the territory with truffle dogs, visitors can go hunting this precious mushroom and discover many curiosities about it such as: how to recognise a high quality truffle, how to store it properly and of course how to cook it.
Taste the regional food – Last, but not least, while in the Langhe region you must taste some dishes of the Piedmont tradition such as "vitello tonnato", a veal meat roast garnished with a creamy sauce made of tuna, mayonnaise and capers; or try the "maccheroni del ferretto" a special pasta made by using knitting needles.
The best period to visit this marvellous area is spring-summer, but also autumn can be very attractive thanks to the evocative red, yellow and brownish colours that covers the sinuous hills.
A tour of the Langhe area is perfect for a romantic getaway since it offers luxury hotels and restaurants and also for those who love bike tours and trekking activities.
Form more information: http://www.charmeadventure.com/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Exploring More Botanical Gardens Located in the United States
- Exploring Three More Botanical Gardens in the United States
- Carthage, Tunisia
- Amazing things to do in Georgia
- 10 Important Forest Reserves in Vietnam
- The 10 Best Destinations For The Motorcycle Camping In The United States
- Great Destinations for a Motorcycle Camping Trip
- What to visit in Marrakech?
- 10 Facts About Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi
- Best European Places for Winter Vacations
- Best Places in Europe for New Year’s Eve
- Tips to Cool Down on Kimberley Cruises
- Considering Cruise Deals - 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do on Your First Cruise
- Fishing and Marine Life You Can Enjoy on Kimberley Cruises
- 9 Places You Should Visit In Granite Bay
- Best Places To Live In Placer County
- Top 7 Places To Visit In The Bay Area
- Tourist Attractions In Nevada County
- Top 8 Attractions Of The San Francisco Bay Area
- Escape to Greece Without Having To Take A Ferry
- Cheap Holidays in Egypt - Archaeological Wonders to Explore during your Vacation
- Where to swim in Athens
- Life at Cape Flattery Lighthouse
- Where to Stay in Santorini the Best Towns & Hotels
- Alki Point: From a Kerosene Lantern to Lighthouse
- Marrowstone Point Light and the "Triangle of Fire"
- The Lighthouse That Sheltered an Indian Woman
- Short break to Dubrovnik
- Temples Of Chiang Mai Thailand
- 48 hours in Yerevan, Armenia