What Every Self Published Author Should Know
- Author Patrick Esposito
- Published November 6, 2015
- Word count 529
Many things today are much easier, simpler, and faster than 25 years ago. Computers are a regular part of life. Just about everyone has a cell phone. And you don’t have to hold a physical book in your hand to read a book. Most people love the new technology. I, personally, still love the look and feel of a real book, with real pagers in my hand. One of the fantastic new changes we have available today is self-publishing a book. First of all, you don’t have to sit in front of a typewriter to write a manuscript. Some people, like Woody Allen, still do, but most of us use a computer with a word processor. Writing a book has become much simpler, easier, and doable for most people. Although, writing a book generally is not simple or easy for most people, but we can all strive to be the next Woody Allen.
After the hard work of thinking, writing, proofing, and having a completed manuscript, the next question is "What is the best way to publish this book?" If you find an agent and publisher, you may be well on your way to having a best seller, or at least having your foot, or make that your book in the door of a bookstore. Then you and your agent would formulate a plan to sell your book which would probably include book signings. When you have made it into the bookstores, you have made it into the big time. The problem is getting into the bookstores. You may have one of the greatest, most interesting books of all time, but if you don’t have an agent who can get you into the bookstores, your talent may never leave your own home library.
For many of us, there is a newfound hope that the world will discover and enjoy our talents. You can self-publish your book, still promote it and make money. Many authors have self-published their book, and then have become discovered and signed on with an agent. Just knowing that it is possible to self-publish a book is enough to help give inspiration and motivation throughout the writing process. There are many companies that will publish for you, and some are very, very cost effective. There is also the psychological benefit of self-publishing. If you only wanted to work with an agent, then you are a writer with a manuscript. If you self-publish, then you are an author who has published a book, and you may or may not be shopping your book around.
After you have self-published a book, the next step is to set goals, develop a plan, and sell your book. You can join writers clubs, go to writer’s conferences, and sell locally at different events. Another way is to sell online. There are different online bookstores to sell on, and sites for authors to get known on. There is one site that is devoted to self-published books. It is a great way to get lots of exposure, sell many books, and who knows, maybe even get noticed by an agent. Visit selfpublishauthors.com, the greatest online bookstore for self-published authors.
Pat Esposito is an entrepreneur, an author, and a runner. He is the founder of Selfpublishauthors.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Updating Your LinkedIn Profile For The COVID-19 Pandemic
- Must I Be A Good Writer For Me To Blog?
- How to write a final year project from chapter one to five
- Bhagavad-Gita - the Song of God! Eternal message of spiritual wisdom!
- It all began on a blustery Rainy Day…AND It all ended with a beautiful Sunset!
- English Grammar Rules
- Management: Successful Writing at Work
- How to Break Into Video Game Journalism
- Stress Associated with Student Life
- Hit writer's block? The advantages of hiring a resume writer
- 5 Resume Bloopers Which Could Be Wrecking Your Job Search
- 4 Top Reasons Why Resumes Are So Hard To Write
- If you think that bidding process is over after submitting the proposal, then think again.
- Survival through Sanitation Sensitization
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Buy A Public Speaking Book For Your Teenage Child
- How to Make Money on Facebook: Step by Step User Guide
- The 5 Skills Need to Become a Successful Content Writer
- Traits That Make the Best Paraphrasing Service Provider
- What are the 4 Cs of 21st century education?
- Important tips on writing your first tender bid
- Another Content Writer’s Inspiration: "My Work Process Explained"
- Know Some Hidden Facts about Professional CV Writers
- Top 10 Secrets of Successful Web Copywriting
- Tutorial Writing: How to Write Tutorials that Get Accepted
- 5 Writing Mistakes Students Need To Avoid!
- How to Write an Award-winning Business Plan
- Science Fiction, Adventure, Romance Books to Read Online on Amazon
- Letter to instructor
- Publisher’s Assignment
- 5 Effective Steps To Write An Essay Outline