The new European data protection system
- Author Claire Stone
- Published August 17, 2018
- Word count 540
Have you ever thought about the security of your data that is exposed on social media sites such as Facebook? All of us use these communication portals without even thinking about how vulnerable we are while displaying our lives and weaknesses publicly. We should understand that in fact anyone can steal our personal information and use for negative purposes.
In order to protect its citizens, European Union is about to put in use a special set of rules. These rules will control the way social media and other sites use our personal data.
If that law will be implied, each site will be obliged to be completely honest about the information it has concerning each of us, and how it uses it. They will also have to respect and follow their users requests in case they want their information to be deleted from internet public sources. Those people who will sign in for these rules will have special browsers that will clearly show who has what information about them. In such a way, the system will protect the users from the Digital Companies.
This new protection system is going to be implied only for users belonging to European Union, those from other countries will not have the possibility to install it so far. Since so many companies collaborate with Europe, they have no other option than to accept this system and let it control everything, otherwise the companies might loose lots of money. But if the protection system will prove itself of being efficient and well functional, presumably other countries will also put in use such policies in order to secure a safer internet use for their citizens.
Unfortunately, this innovation might not give positive results. There are a lot of cases in history when same radical actions with positive purposes lead to negative consequences. For instance the American policy for stopping sex traffic has actually caused the raise of sex abuse and crimes. In any cases, the need of implying some rules is vital as nowadays big companies avoid as much as they can paying their fees and respecting the general law. Thus, improvements in the security use of internet are simply required for controlling and limiting even somehow the superior powers of the trade world.
The danger is that some companies might duplicate the data in order to hide it, thus proving the new protecting system’s inefficiency. We should keep in mind that dealing with online companies always implies risks. You can purchase a low quality product that pretended to be a high rated item on the online store with no possibility of getting your money back or breaking the contract.
It happened so that anyone can access our personal information if they know how. If someone breaks the company's system, they steal our information, not theirs. Thus, someone can display our passwords, payments/transactions, cards, and even our conversations.
It is true that the new protecting system might not function as we hope to, but anyway it is better to try and secure ourselves than letting others use us. Every time we will imply a new rule, we will acquire knowledge that will help us improve our policies and make sure that we are all safe.
I am young journalist who seek to share her ideas and thoughts. I wish my articles were more read and discussed so please let me now if I'm doing a good jobArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Game of Trust: A Guide to the Future of KYC in Gaming
- AI in Cybersecurity: The New Frontier in Digital Protection
- Metadata: The Attorney’s Secret Weapon in Civil Litigation
- The importance of cyber security
- 5 Reasons to Comply with CMMC
- Payless CCTV Security Camera
- How Bitdefender Protect From Pegasus Spyware
- Printer Security? Here Are 6 Tips To Keep Your Business Safe
- Why it is important to install Access control system at your business
- Powerful Keyloggers for Windows
- Website security check: Tips on how to protect your website from hackers
- How will cyber threats evolve in 2020?
- When to choose red teaming over penetration testing: A guide to a robust cybersecurity program
- Protect your files with drive image backup software
- How Cloud Management Values Change Your Business
- The U.S. Government and Zero Day Vulnerabilities
- Spyware – Yet Another Cyber Menace
- Reset lost passwords in Windows with Active@ Password Changer
- Antivirus measures you should know when your PC is infected with a virus
- Security Fit For Royalty!
- Global VPN Use Is Booming But So Is Cyber-Censorship
- Things to do to make your business, cyber secure
- Avoiding Disaster: Make Website and Business Asset Backups Mandatory
- 12 Ways to Keep Your Data & Identity Safe Online
- Associate With Avast Support USA To Shield PC Against Viruses And Malware
- Microsoft Office Customer Service for Office Setup
- What is All-czech browser hijacker and how to remove it
- Methods to delete Web-start.org from computer and browser
- What is Odin ransomware, how to decrypt .odin files