How To Overcome Depression
- Author Andrew Eli
- Published September 22, 2018
- Word count 493
WHAT IS DEPRESSION?
The Merriam-Webster's dictionary defines depression as (1) : a state of feeling sad : DEJECTION (2) : a psycho-neurotic or psychotic disorder marked especially by sadness, inactivity, difficulty in thinking and concentration, a significant increase or decrease in appetite and time spent sleeping, feelings of dejection and hopelessness, and sometimes suicidal tendencies c(1) : a reduction in activity, amount, quality, or force (2) : a lowering of vitality or functional activity.
Depression is a problem that cuts across all class of people. A lot of people have died as a result of depression. Some people have even committed suicide, as a result of depression. Depression is a very sad feeling that makes a person feel rejected and lonely. This feeling from time to time comes to everybody. But the deference is in the way we react to it.
Depression is a psychological problem. Depression without doubt is one of the problems we have in the society. Severe depression is one of the most common factors for suicide.
SYMPTOMS OF DEPRESSION
Lack of desire and pleasure for things once enjoyed.
Feeling of total worthlessness.
A feeling of unhappiness.
Sleeplessness (insomnia): Difficulty to combine an early night sleep and an early rise. Poor or excessive sleep.
Feeling of total hopelessness. You just feel that things are bad and there is nothing you can do about it. And that it will never get better.
Fatigue: Absence of physical strength. You are unable to even complete the smallest task or duty.
Self-withdrawal from normal life activity.
Lose of appetite or over eating.
Feeling of inferiority complex or self-reproach.
Change in eating or bowel habits. Lose of apatite or overeating.
HOW TO DEAL WITH DEPRESSION
Find out the root cause of your depression. Try to find out why you are feeling depressed. This is because you can't solve a problem that you've not diagnosed the root cause. This is the first step in dealing with depression.
Talking to others and pouring out your heart is one of the best ways to cope with depression. Talk to somebody you can trust. It is said that a problem shared is half solved. Trying to keep it to yourself will rather worsen your condition. So try and share with somebody whatever is making you feel depressed.
Doing things for others, other than yourself will go a long way to remedy the situation. A young man some time ago lost his job, his visa expired and so many negative things were happening in his life at the same time. He became so depressed that he even thought that he might soon go crazy, but he decided to go and work in a Non-Governmental Organization (N.G.O.), just to get busy since he had no job. After one month of working with the N.G.O., the depression left him. He later got a job, cleared his papers and became very happy again. So doing things for other people can bring healing to somebody who is depressed...
My name is Rev. Evang. Andrew Eli, I am 48 years of age. I am a prolific writer I am a charismatic preacher, a conference and seminar speaker; a life coach and also an inspirational and motivational speaker. I am a pastor with Assemblies of God church Nigeria. Presently, I am presently the Coordinator of the Youth ministry of Assemblies of God church, Rivers district.
For more information you can go to www.encouragement754.blogspot.com
Or call +234-803-672-5379Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Celebrate Recovery Appomattox
- Effective Tips to remember all that you studied
- Writings Don’t Come Naturally
- Can we enjoy playing chess more than video games?
- Effects of Insomnia on Health
- How to learn or improve English online and for free
- 5 Ways To Motivate Yourself
- Examining our Thoughts and Decisions
- Balance and Planning
- Love and Dependency
- Does your argument pass the equivalence test?
- The Unexamined Life
- Best guide to cut out hair in Photoshop
- 15 Reasons Why You Should Study Environmental Science
- How to Keep Your Workplace Neat & Clean
- Get Rid Of The Negativity In Your Life
- 3 Rules for Building Wealth That Have Been Around Since the 1800s
- The 30 Minutes Magic Pill! Your Guide To Happiness
- It's ALL In The Believing
- Where to get ideas for cool content?
- Cross-cultural long-distance relationship advice
- Your Prosperity Today can Become Your Adversity Tomorrow: A Case Study of Zimbabwe
- Seeds of What?
- How forgiveness and empathy might harm you
- Replacing Your Stress Habit: Jest for Stress
- The One-Degree Shift
- The Power Of Constructive Impatience - A Key To Resiliency
- Be a Better Thinker When You Write Like This
- Re-Frame with Humor: A Top Resiliency Tip