Examining our Thoughts and Decisions
- Author June Stepansky
- Published July 4, 2019
- Word count 201
My thoughts move me
in a multiplicity of directions.
I think I shall.
I thought I should.
the harbingers of my future,
Our thoughts and decisions determine our lives. It is empowering to realize that if we are not content with the direction of our lives, we can change that direction by changing our thoughts.
Our decision making process is difficult and requires careful examination because so many outside forces affect those decisions: our families, our communities, the prevailing thinking of the day. All these put pressure on our ability to make wise decisions. Because of this, it is important that we understand ourselves well and learn to examine our thinking and our decisions carefully so that they reflect the life that we really want for ourselves.
The greatest discovery of my generation is that human being can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind.--William James
Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens. --John Homer Miller
June Stepansky is a published writer and poet who writes books about happiness, self-improvement and social and political email@example.comArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The "Not to Do" List
- When personal or professional vanity starts to harm the best interests of the corporation
- SELF DEVELOPMENT
- WHAT MAKES A LIFE MEANINGFUL?
- 5 Oral Health-Related Tips from a Dentist (& Why You Should Listen)
- How To Journal Effectively
- How to get your mojo back?
- Are your emotional coping skills preventing you from achieving career success?
- What Do You See In The Mirror?
- The Role of Coffee in Mindfulness and High Performance at Work
- Business Etiquette - 10 Tips on Corporate Gift Giving for Christmas
- 7 Most Effective Ways to Step Outside Your Comfort Zone
- What do I do if I don't know my passion in life?
- Assessing your abilities to lead a publicity
- Next Time
- 10 Basic unwritten rules and tips to survive prison or county jail
- “Make Love, Not War”......but how?
- How to Conquer Anger
- Accept The Things You Cannot Change
- How to Care for Your Mental Health in a More Difficult Holiday Season
- The Harm in Giving an Answer to a Student by In Home Tutor Rick Kirkham
- Medisuggestion – The Efficient Combination of Meditation and Autosuggestion
- 12 Effective Ways To Countering Fear
- An Overview To Sober Companion
- The Essential Guide To Managing Stress At Work
- Circumstances Beyond Our Control, Or Are They?
- Valuable Tips for Hosting a Safe Holiday Party
- 5 Reasons to Write More Thank You Notes
- Five ways a career coach supercharges your progress
- 8 Steps For Back-To-Work Confidence In Women During Motherhood