Save time on your FTP updates with FTPGetter Professional
- Author Vladimir Davidenko
- Published November 12, 2019
- Word count 512
Anyone who has ever worked with files stored on a remote server while using the FTP or SFTP protocol knows just how cumbersome the process is with an everyday FTP client. Even uploading or downloading a single file can be a chore when you have to manually log in through the client program and then search for the file you need before waiting for each download or upload to complete individually. These basic, freeware FTP clients might be all right for the very occasional job, but they quickly become woefully inefficient at scale. If you need to keep check on updates throughout the day, using a conventional client makes the job a practical impossibility.
Automate your workflow
The sage advice for modern business is that, if something can be automated, then it should be. Many technical processes, regardless of whether they're simple or complicated, can be automated using modern software solutions. Now, with FTPGetter Professional, FTP and SFTP transfers are among those tasks which can be automated. At the same time, it provides centralized control over your jobs so that admins are always kept informed and have the power to change the settings whenever they need to. Setting up a task is a quick and simple wizard-driven process, though advanced users can also create scripts to enjoy even more power over the process. Once the program has been configured, it will do its job in the background without requiring any further interaction.
Shell scripting for power users
One of the most common misconceptions about automation is that it doesn't apply to complex tasks. With today's powerful scripting solutions, that's not usually the case anymore. FTPGetter Professional has a built-in shell scripting tool which admins can use to script the rules for complex tasks. All it takes is writing a few lines of simple code, and then the program never needs any further interaction unless you want to change the processes. For example, you can write a script to consolidate all files on a remote server in a single compressed archive, and then download that. Not only does it save time - but also bandwidth!
FTPGetter Professional also supports file masks and batch processing to provide more customization options over scheduled tasks. For example, you can have the program only regard files of certain types by specifying their file extensions. If you only need to keep Office documents up to date, and not all files in a particular folder or server, this will save a lot of time and bandwidth. With batch processing, you can flexibly adjust the list of files you want to transfer.
The scheduling component itself is also highly flexible. You can set it to check for new file creations on the local or remote server every hour or every day, for example, before making sure that both are kept up to date as necessary. You can also set your own customized schedules, such as every second Tuesday. In conclusion, FTPGetter Professional is designed to work for the specific needs of your organization. Check it out today at ftpgetter.com.
FTPGetter Professional helps manage data transfer workflow and automate FTP and SFTP transfer tasks by taking control of uploading and downloading files and folders.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Quantum Computing and the future of IT Security
- 5G TECHNOLOGY AND IOT: HOW DO THESE TRENDS RELATE?
- SkyVPN Launches New Gaming Servers with Dedicated Servers for PUBG
- Smm reseller panel
- Steps to Transfer Files Using Kindle Desktop Application
- Add a file hosting and sharing service to your site with YetiShare
- MCS Multicast Switch for Next Generation ROADM
- Business Networking Tips for Beginners
- Using Virtual Serial Ports in Proteus
- Network Security Checklist for All Types of Businesses
- Create Your Own File-Hosting Website with YetiShare
- Cat5 cable vs Cat6 Cables: What are the Contrast?
- Automate FTP Downloads and Uploads with FTPGetter Professional
- On Demand Freelance Marketplace For Field Engineers
- Cisco Network Infrastructure Services in San Francisco
- VMware vSAN, why we use it
- Advantages and Disadvantages of hiring this professional companies
- Modern Office Design Builds Bonding And Branding
- 6 Things Included in Network Assessment
- Free Tools, Excel Hacks, and Inside Tips for Twitter Marketing
- Virtual Private Networks
- 5 Tips To Monitor Users On Instagram Brands And Blogs Should Know About
- Fiber Optics and its advantages for Commercial use
- Fiber Optic Cable Networking, Solution to All Network Problems
- Group 5 cabling
- Looking for Thomson modem technical support? Here’s what you need to know!
- Data security: Crucial for all businesses
- Elite Tech Gear™ Provides Streak Free Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
- Elite Tech Gear™ Releases Video Training To Help Customers Prevent Damage To Their Touch Screens