The 2020 KTM 790 Adventure R Close Up
- Author Jimmy Cruze
- Published April 19, 2020
- Word count 501
Put a 2020 KTM 790 Adventure R next to last year’s 2019 model and you’ll be hard-pressed to find a difference. But the truth is, that’s not a bad thing. With a 799cc, 2-cylinder, 4-stroke parallel-twin engine that delivers 95 horsepower and 66 pounds of torque per foot, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a motorcycle that outperforms the 790 Adventure R. Especially not priced under $14,000.
But what really sets the KTM 790 Adventure R apart is that it’s not just a speed demon. It’s also an off-road menace with all the bells and whistles of a top-end touring motorcycle. Built with LED lighting the 790 Adventure R doesn’t just perform like a top-tier bike, but it looks like one as well.
Equipped with the most advanced electronics available the KTM 790 Adventure R gives the rider a choice between a variety of driving modes. Street, Off-road, Rain, and Rally modes are all available. Rally mode allows the rider to pick between 9 different levels of traction control. So, the rider can adjust to road conditions and skill levels for the perfect experience.
For touring fans, the cruise control, motorcycle traction control, cornering ABS, and KTM MY RIDE system are must-haves. Furthermore, the KTM MY RIDE system is really what establishes this bike as a 21st-century beauty. Enabling riders to listen to music, take phone calls, and get GPS instructions, it’s a game changer for those long rides.
Of course, there’s a reason they call it an Adventure bike. Built with an off-road ABS system, a suspension system that boasts 240 mm of travel, and comes standard with tires that can handle almost any terrain, this is the bike you want when you get off the pavement and into the back country for some motorcycle camping.
And with 10.4" of ground clearance it provides plenty of room, so you don’t bottom out your bike. However, KTM did locate the fuel tank toward the bottom of the bike, a big no-no for off-road motorcycles.
To compensate for this the 790 Adventure R has plastic shield’s for added protection, but with a low exposed fuel tank, you always run the risk of damaging it during your off-road adventures. And with a 20L (5¼ gallons) fuel tank you can drive up to an impressive 280 miles on a single tank. So, no matter how far off the beaten path you want to go the 790 Adventure R has you covered.
And whether you’re on the highway or the mountaintop, you need a top of the line braking system to get the job done. That’s why KTM equipped the 790 Adventure R with two 320 mm diameter brake discs in the front and a 360 mm diameter brake disc in the rear. Designed for both power and control so you can load up your camping gear and head out on an adventure anytime you want, knowing that this bike will handle whatever you throw at it.
So yeah KTM didn’t change anything from the 2019 model, but did they really need to?
Author Jimmy Cruze is a Motorcycle Camping enthusiast and hobby mechanic who loves sharing his passion for the great outdoors and helps to operate a website specializing in Motorcycle Camping Gear. You can check out their Great selection of high quality gear right HERE.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Motocamping with the Affordable Yamaha Super Tenere ES
- The BMW R1250GS Adventure: The Ultimate Piece of Motorcycle Camping Gear
- The Affordable BMW F 750 GS
- Everest base camp helicopter trek
- Island in the Sea, my bug out spot
- What is Visit Nepal 2020?
- The Benefits of Hiking With The Family
- Top Reasons Why You Should Choose Camping as Your Family Vacation
- The Ultimate Motorcycle Camping Gear Pack List
- Why choose a Serviced Apartment over a Hotel?
- Hiking in the Netherlands
- Categories of Camping Tents
- Toronto To Niagara Falls Day Trip
- Seasonal hiking in New Zealand
- Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour
- Best Cheap Electric Bikes for Sale in the UK
- Best ideas To Take a Family Vacation in Fort Lauderdale
- Why People Prefer Coach Travel?
- What are the Best Beaches that You Can Travel For Under $150?
- 5 Best Islands in the US That Feel Exotic
- Camp Safety Guide - a camper’s guide in keeping safe
- Best 6 Things to Do in Cairo
- 5 Things That You Can’t Skip To See In Las Vegas
- Trekking in the Himalayas
- Nepal Best Selling Trekking Packages
- 5 Best Affordable Travel Destinations for 2019
- Top 5 Best Treks in Nepal
- Everest Region Trekking
- Nepal Family Trekking