10 Basic unwritten rules and tips to survive prison or county jail
- Author William Mason
- Published April 8, 2022
- Word count 525
Don’t be whistling inside a prison, county jail (gaol) or department of correction (doc) camp. Whistling is associated with birds; birds are free; inmates are not; so don’t do it!
Don’t stare at other inmates! It could be interpreted as spying or that you have a problem with that individual and a fight (beef) could be inevitable. This rule doesn’t only apply inside a correctional facility but any other places in the community. Understand that there's a difference between staring and looking. Staring involve eye contact toward an individual for more than 3 seconds.
Don’t accept anything free (cigarettes, soaps, foods, toothbrushes…) from other inmates. This simple gesture could definitely lead to debt and potentially bigger favors in the future.
Be aware of the gang’s turfs inside a prison or county jail. Many gangs hang and control certain area(s) inside the facility and the recreational yard. Stepping in the wrong zone could potentially mean that you’re entering into their own home uninvited or trying to disrespect/defying them.
Only speak when you’re spoken too and when spoken too, make sure to give them the impression that you’ve been inside before. Show confidence but no weakness!
If you’re serving a long imprisonment sentence, be aware that you’re not the only prisoner in that situation. You should try to locate other prisoners related to your own race. Since most inmates are segregated, a great place to begin your affiliation search is with your cellmate(s). Just make sure that the individual that you hang out with is no snitch, pedophile or hated by the whole prison.
Don’t gamble and bet on money that you don’t have or are not capable of paying back. The risk is way too high and you could end up losing your life over a few hundred dollars!!!
Respect and keep it smooth with everybody inside a prison or county jail but unleash your inner demon when it comes time for fights and defending your affiliations.
Stay away from drugs or alcohol while serving your sentencing hence these are the worse places to get addicted with these substances. Not only the prices are higher behind bars but these substances will make you physically and mentally weak, resulting in you being more vulnerable hence clouding your judgements.
Do not gossip or snitch! Once you are perceived as a snitch (informant) what goes around comes around and you might just ending up putting a couples of nails in your coffin!!!
The most important rule of them all is to not forget your religion and beliefs while incarcerated. There’s no better time to have GOD by your side and be redeeming for your sins. Stay in touch with your spiritual side by reading and feeding on the positive energies of the CORAN, BIBLE or any other RELIGIOUS BOOKS. Positive energies will keep the negative energies at bay hence resulting in an embellishment of your mind, body and soul. Join other inmates whom practices your religion such as Islamism, Christianism or others… These groups will additionally physically protect you from harms.
These rules inside a prison, county jail (gaol) or department of correction (doc) camp, only represent a tiny fraction of the true written and unwritten knowledge that can be enlightened from my site. To lean all to rules which will enable you to survive behind bars please visit my site https://www.inmatesurvival.com and to download an ebook on that subject visit https://www.inmatesurvival.com/about-me-heres-how-i-managed-to-survive-a-year-in-jail/Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Next Time
- “Make Love, Not War”......but how?
- How to Conquer Anger
- Accept The Things You Cannot Change
- How to Care for Your Mental Health in a More Difficult Holiday Season
- The Harm in Giving an Answer to a Student by In Home Tutor Rick Kirkham
- Medisuggestion – The Efficient Combination of Meditation and Autosuggestion
- 12 Effective Ways To Countering Fear
- An Overview To Sober Companion
- The Essential Guide To Managing Stress At Work
- Circumstances Beyond Our Control, Or Are They?
- Valuable Tips for Hosting a Safe Holiday Party
- 5 Reasons to Write More Thank You Notes
- Five ways a career coach supercharges your progress
- 8 Steps For Back-To-Work Confidence In Women During Motherhood
- Focus on Your Mental Health to Improve Your Physical Health
- How do Fat girls Avoid Inferiority and Maintain Self-confidence?
- Successful People's Habits. What Gurus teach us. 160 Tips
- Standing Out During COVID-19 Job Hunting
- They Say, “What Are You Looking for in Your Next Job?” And You Say…What?
- Celebrate Recovery Appomattox
- Effective Tips to remember all that you studied
- Writings Don’t Come Naturally
- Can we enjoy playing chess more than video games?
- Effects of Insomnia on Health
- How to learn or improve English online and for free
- 5 Ways To Motivate Yourself
- Examining our Thoughts and Decisions
- Balance and Planning