The Different Qualifications Awarded By The Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing University of Coventry
- Author Peter
- Published April 22, 2022
- Word count 726
Coventry University, England, is one of the highly rated universites in the world and one of the oldest in UK having it origin traces back to 1843.
On the world scene the university is always among the top six hundred while it is always among the top fifty in United Kingdom. This ranking make it one of the most sought after higher education institution in England plus the fact that it tution fee is not beyond the reach of the middle class families being a public research institution and the believe that it is the sixth largest in U.K.
Coventry University parades four faculties, each of which is divided into schools and departments. The Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computer one of the four existing faculties, in itself has a subset of three schools and departments namely:
School of Computing, Electronics and Mathematics
School of Energy, Construction and Environment and
School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Automotive Engineering
The school of Computing, Electronics and Mathematics offers sixteen courses at undergraduate level while it offers ten at post-graduate school.
The school of energy, construction and environment offers twelve undergraduate courses and sixteen postgraduate courses while the third school
The school of Mechanical, Aerospace and Automotive offers nine undergraduate and fourteen postgraduate courses.
On all these courses the Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing, University of Coventry awards six different qualifications as stated below.
Bachelor of Science (BSc) Honour:
This is an undergraduate degree qualification awarded on courses that are not engineering but are science in nature.
The faculty awardsy the qualification on the courses like: Architectural Technology, Building Surveying, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Games Technology, Ethical Hacking, Data Science, Computer Science,Aviation Management, Geography and Natural Hazard and more. The BSc degree courses as mentioned here lasted at least a duration of three (3) years and it could be obtained by doing any of the courses mentioned above by full time study mode or by sandwich programme.
Master of Science (MSci):
This qualification is awarded on the science or related courses that are completed in four (4) years. It is an undergraduate degree master programme. The qualification is awarded on few science courses and they are: computer science, computer science with artificial intelligence, Data Science, Ethically Hacking and Cybersecurity.
Bachelor of Engineering (BEng):
This bachelor of engineering qualification is awarded by the University of Coventry on purely an engineering course, a three (3) years undergraduate, full time study mode courses.
At the University of Coventry, BEng is awarded on the courses such as Building Service, Civil and Environmental, Civil Engineering Aerospace and System Engineering Manufacturing Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Motorsport Engineering and so on. The qualification is also awarded on sandwich enginering courses.
Master of Engineering (MEng)
This is the fourth types of qualifications awarded by the University of Coventry, Faculty of Engineering on it's taught courses. Just like BEng, it is awarded on engineering courses but this time on undergraduate courses that take at least eight eight semesters to be completed.
The courses on which MEng is awarded are fewer in number to the courses on which BEng is awarded and they are: Civil and Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Aerospace and System Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Motorsport Engineering, Electrical Electronics Engineering and Electronics Engineering.
Master of Physics (MPhys) and Bachelor of Art (BA).
MPhys and BA are other two undergraduate degree awarded by the Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing University of Coventry.
Master of Physics is an undergraduate degree qualification just like a MSci and MEng but it is awarded only on Physics while Bachelor of Art (BA), a degree qualification expected to be awarded by the Faculty of Art and Humanity is awarded on Geography.
Postgraduate Masters, Certificate and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Theses are the three known qualifications awarded at the postgraduate school, Faculty of Engineering, University of Coventry.
The MSc is awarded on any postgraduate courses which is usually done for at least one year at the Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing. A PhD is awarded on courses done after completion of master courses and it lasted maximum of four years while a Post Graduate Certificate (PGC) is awarded on courses design for working class students to up their qualifications.
So, if you are planning a career in engineering, University of Coventry has varieties of qualification to award you as you might desired.
There are no posted comments.
- Biology in the Bible: Evolution in the Garden of Eden
- From Hand to Mouth: The Happenstance of Human Language Origins
- Uncovering Social Engineering: Shielding Your Digital Strongholds
- Pitfalls in IELTS exams
- Study of Bacterial Mastitis in Dairy Cattle of Pokhara Valley, Kaski Nepal.
- What is the best college counseling service for Ivy League schools?
- Are college admissions coaches worth it?
- How do I choose a college admissions counselor? — The Ivy Institute
- The Ivy Institute Recognized in “15 Best Ivy League Blogs and Websites” by Feedspot
- Reviews of The Ivy Institute Come in the Form of Acceptance Letters!
- What is Harvard looking for? Why this question is a student’s biggest mistake. — The Ivy Institute
- Do you need a college admissions consultant?
- Five digits may change admissions: Will zip codes become the new affirmative action? — The Ivy Institute
- Essay: Wave/Particle Theory Revisited: In Support of de Broglie's Model
- The South China Sea: Navigating a Geopolitical Hotspot
- Reasons to Get a Roommate: Enhancing Your Living Experience
- Rural Realities: iLembe District's Struggle with Technological Disparity
- Tips for managing funds effectively for college students
- AN ASSESSMENT OF WOMEN'S ATTITUDES TOWARDS SPECIAL SKILLS TRAINING PROGRAMMES IN SOUTHERN NIGERIA
- What happens after graduation from the Higher Institution of Learning?
- What You Need To Have Before Graduating College
- Best Scholarships for Women in USA
- College Scholarships Essay tips
- History of Texas A&M University
- Essay: Brain Genesis and the Frontal Cortex : An Approach/Avoidance Model
- Campus Involvement on College Campuses
- Piscean Depression: A Clinical/Remedial Concept
- Murder, Narcissism, and the Limbic Ring: The Neurology of The Serial Killer
- Reliable Nursing Assignment Help At An Affordable Price
- 10 Studying Life Hacks to Help You Work Smarter This Semester