Publishers Views on Affiliate Tracking Effectiveness
- Author Chris Tradgett
- Published June 25, 2022
- Word count 366
At a recent Affiliate Huddle in Brighton, UK, we had a very busy time at the event and we got a chance to meet up with a number of friends and new faces. It gave Steve and the team the chance to gauge the wider understanding of tracking issues that Moonpull is designed to solve.
Here’s some out-takes from the conversations:
The OPMs viewpoint
There were several of the leading OPM agencies represented at the Huddle. We got to speak to Lee-Ann Johnstone of Affiliate Insider who is active in both the ecommerce and gambling sectors. These offer quite different challenges, particularly in terms of compliance required.
She’s convinced that all will have “a really rough ride ahead of us as we try to figure out cookie deprecation and how networks and publishers deal with that. It’s very important that we understand that data as well”.
The Publishers Viewpoint
To give the publishers view, Ray Wright of uFurnish agreed that tracking can be a major issue. User experience and quality of content is crucial for any publisher. In monetising a website, effective affiliate tracking is also important. He shared that “there’s a variability in terms of what tracking looks like, particularly across networks and across different advertisers”.
Gavin Male of SLICE Digital commented on how accurate tracking helps all involved in the partnership; “Better earning programs get more traction with publishers, less time wasted on missed transactions for the likes of loyalty and cashback publishers and a better experience for everyone.”
In the ‘Innovation Spot‘ at the Huddle event, Steven Brown highlighted the issues that have come to light during over a year’s analysis of multiple advertisers and affiliate networks. This has shown the kinds of issues are happening in the ‘handover’ from publisher through to advertiser websites, in incorrect program set up as well as the effect of cookie management platforms.
You can read more and watch the video interviews in the full article at moonpullpartners.com/publishers-viewpoint
Join the Tracking Conversation
Moonpull is very keen to involve all in the affiliate industry in mature and informed conversations about affiliate tracking at moonpullpartners.com/the-tracking-conversation or on Linkedin.
Chris Tradgett has been involved in affiliates for 20+ years, as one of the original buy.at team, client side; founder of https://publisherdiscovery.com and advisor to Moonpull - hear more at affiliatesummit and find him in a number of leading industry podcasts.
Read the original article at https://moonpullpartners.com/publishers-viewpoint/Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Best paint for exterior metal door
- The Ultimate Guide to Affiliate Marketing for Beginners
- Ways to Make Money
- How to lose weight
- Social Media Marketing For Gainers
- Live Your Best Life Now: Join the LiveGood Community for Free and Unleash Your Full Potential!
- Transform Your Video Marketing Strategy With This Latest AI Technology
- Video marketing blaster
- The Ultimate Guide to the Online Marketing Strategy Gadgets That You Need
- How to Make Money Online While You Sleep: 3 Simple Steps to Success
- How To Get More Views on YouTube: 5 Easy Ways to Boost Your YouTube Channel
- How to Promote Your Fiverr Gigs as an Affiliate
- 16 WAYS TO PROMOTE YOUR YOUTUBE VIDEO FOR MORE VIEWS
- History of the Keurig Coffee Makers
- Affiliate Marketing: What It Is and How to Get Started
- What is Affiliate Marketing Affiliate Marketing?
- How to Make Money from the Internet: A Beginner's Guide to Affiliate Marketing
- 5 Things Every Internet Marketing Millionaire Does
- How To Make Money Online With Affiliate Marketing?
- How To Get A Steady Flow Of Affiliate Marketing Cheque
- Understanding Affiliate Business Model
- The 3 Most Neglected Factors in Affiliate Marketing Success
- Some Advice about Affiliate Marketing
- What is freedom to you?
- Work From Home – Can Anyone Really Make Money Online From Home?
- Automated Email Marketing Logic
- Affiliate Marketing – How To Get Started In 6 Easy Steps
- Difference Between Frozen Fruit and Fresh Fruit
- Finding a niche to promote