Are low doc home loans still available in Australia?
- Author Ray Ethell
- Published July 5, 2022
- Word count 727
What is a low doc home loan?
Low doc loans are loans for self-employed Australian individuals and small business owners who may not have the right documents when they are approaching a bank. Instead of approaching a bank and possibly being rejected, they can apply for a low doc home loan with an alternative lender.
Low doc home loans are designed for people who can’t get a home loan because they lack documentation and a way to validate their earnings without using the PAYG system. So instead, they can submit the following:
3-12 months of business bank statements
6-12 months of BAS Statements
letter from their Accountant verifying their income
Old tax returns (over 24 months) in combination with current financial statements
These people who may have previously been rejected have a second chance of getting a home loan through an alternative lender. They can use the loan for a variety of reasons such as; purchase of a home or homes, refinancing, renovations, home builds, land banks and development projects depending on how much they actually need to borrow.
Who can apply for a low-doc home loan?
Self-employed individuals and small business owners and anyone who has difficulty with proving their business income can apply for a low-doc home loan. Or anyone self employed that has been rejected from a bank or mainstream lender but desperately wants to get into a home loan.
How do you apply for a low doc home loan?
You will need to apply to a lender outside the mainstream banks that offers a low doc home loan solution. There aren’t many of these type of lenders around, so it is important that you do your own research. Not all lenders are created equal and some may require a fairly large deposit whilst also charging hefty interest rates. So look for one that suits your needs.
Once you have found a suitable lender which offers great terms, then you can apply for a loan. Generally during the application process there is a quotation phase, where the person needs to apply for a quote for their specific circumstances. During this step, they will need to submit a few documents to the lender.
What they will need to submit are;
– an ABN registered and if possible GST registration if the business is GST eligible
– fairly clean credit, some lenders will not lend with credit impairments.
– provide why the loan is congruent with the business they are in and their age, e.g. an 18-year-old retail assistant may not be able to borrow large amounts
Security: if possible security may be considered but not if the property is in non metro areas, unique, in disrepair and or difficult to sell
Loan To Value Ratio: below 85% LVR on purchases, refinance and cash out
Then after submitting all the paperwork, the next step is the conditional approval, whereby the lender approves the loan based on certain conditions. Next comes the loan approval and then the formal signing of documents. Then from there the loan will actually begin, and the borrower can then go ahead and make their purchase.
Are low doc loans still available in Australia?
Yes, they are still available in Australia. Only a few lenders offer low-doc home loans, so be prepared to shop around.
One of those lenders is Non-Conforming Loans. Non-Conforming Loans provides a low doc home loans to Self Employed Australian customers.
Why non-conforming loans?
– Direct lender – so you can deal directly with a lender rather than a third party, making it quicker and easier
– Fast settlements – get your loan settled within 3-5 days
– Comprehensive Customer Service – online and phone support, so you can get your matter sorted fast
We have mortgage brokers that specialise in Low Doc Loans with many lenders that most mortgage brokers do not have on their books. Please complete our Application Form or Phone Direct and you can discuss your situation with an expert as it is important to deal with a broker that has several options and is experienced in dealing with Self Employed Lending.
If you wish to proceed, then we will help you to complete all the necessary paperwork and liaise with the lender on your behalf. This will include the completion and submission of your low doc home loan application and the ongoing communication between all parties until your home purchase is settled
Ray Ethell offers a wealth of experience to his clients, gained from 20 years in the Finance industry, and prides himself on providing reliable customer focused service. As an independent mortgage consultant, Ray is able to find a product tailored to his clients’ individual needs, with relevant unbiased advice and recommendations. - Cert lV in Financial Services (Mortgage Broking) - Diploma in Financial Services (Mortgage Broking)
website: www.lowdocmortgages.com.auArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How Can a Private Loan Help Your Cash Flow Situation
- Business Line of Credit: A Lifeline of Your Financial Needs!
- Unsecured Small Business Loans in Australia
- Working Capital Loans: Everything you Need to Know
- Small Business Cash Advance Loans - Fast and Easy
- Things Not to Do When Building Business Credit
- Why Small Business Loans Do not Get Approved
- How to File Great West Life Benefit insurance Claim
- My encounter with the heartless corporate America @ChaseBank
- Think Due Diligence Before Acknowledging That Loan Offer
- Tie Up Your Financial Loose Ends! The Importance of Managing High-Interest Loans
- Understanding cash flow vs. asset-based business lending
- Debt Consolidation Loan or Debt Counselling in South Africa
- Credit cards with bad credit wired to a prepaid debit card
- Insurance Financial Producers Articles - A Superstar Success Story Cannot Teach Me Anything
- Three Quick Tips From the Canada Revenue Agency on Tax Filing
- How Crypto Loans Work
- 4 Reasons why it is Beneficial to make a Down Payment for your Car
- Is the Process of Buying a Car Worth your Time?
- How to Consolidate Credit Card Debt During Covid-19
- Conglomerate Merger: Pros & Cons
- Signs That You Are Doing Budgeting Wrong
- Car Title Loans and Other Options to Improve a Bad Credit Score
- Home Insurance Protects Your Home From Disasters
- Memphis Payday Loans Can Help When You’re in a Bind
- Can Newcomers Get Approved For Car Loans?
- Real estate consultants: how should they communicate with millennial?
- Getting the Right Tulsa Loans and Using Them Wisely
- What Are Signature Loans and Should You Use Them?