What do I do if I don't know my passion in life?
- Author David Willden
- Published October 21, 2022
- Word count 335
Step 1: Choose to Believe in Yourself
What would have happened to our country if Abraham Lincoln hadn’t chosen to believe in himself? He had every reason not to. But he chose to believe in himself and God and to persist. Because of this, the world was blessed in a profound way. We do a disservice to ourselves and the world when we don’t believe in ourselves.
Step 2: Define Who You Want to Become
The key to determining who it is you want to become is to review your deepest, inspired yearnings. Most have felt but lost this powerful yearning because of fear, feeling they aren’t enough, not trusting in yourself and God, others imposing their will, and because of mistakes. They allow self-limiting and false beliefs to smother out the flame. Sometimes we must use kindling, relight the fire, and slowly nurture it along.
Step 3: Determine What Your Most Noble Passions Are
One of the most important things you can do to make a real difference is to identify and focus on your noblest passions. We can learn so much from Viktor Frankl - who discovered why some were able to survive the horrors of Nazi camps - despite all odds. When you focus on noble (vs. self-centered and destructive) passions - you are blessed in all areas of your life and make a critical difference.
Step 4: Uncover Your Talents and Turn Them into Strengths
Trust that you have natural talents that you can build upon and that they will help you fulfill your purpose. Consider the parable of the talents. Invest in your natural talents and turn them into strengths - so that you grow quicker, find greater joy, and accomplish more.
Step 5: Identify Where There are Needs and Go to Work
To make a living, you also need to focus on needs that are in the marketplace. What position or business aligns with your sweet spot, and will best provide you with the income to support you and your family?
Hello, I’m David. I'm the founder of Creating You Planner - an online planning and tracking system to help you further define and turn your aspirations into reality. See https://app.creating-you-inc.com/. I'm also the author of the Creating You Inc guidebook is a powerful tool to help you discover and define your purpose. It helps you to also define a roadmap for yourself. Learn more at https://creating-you-inc.com/Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Assessing your abilities to lead a publicity
- Next Time
- 10 Basic unwritten rules and tips to survive prison or county jail
- “Make Love, Not War”......but how?
- How to Conquer Anger
- Accept The Things You Cannot Change
- How to Care for Your Mental Health in a More Difficult Holiday Season
- The Harm in Giving an Answer to a Student by In Home Tutor Rick Kirkham
- Medisuggestion – The Efficient Combination of Meditation and Autosuggestion
- 12 Effective Ways To Countering Fear
- An Overview To Sober Companion
- The Essential Guide To Managing Stress At Work
- Circumstances Beyond Our Control, Or Are They?
- Valuable Tips for Hosting a Safe Holiday Party
- 5 Reasons to Write More Thank You Notes
- Five ways a career coach supercharges your progress
- 8 Steps For Back-To-Work Confidence In Women During Motherhood
- Focus on Your Mental Health to Improve Your Physical Health
- How do Fat girls Avoid Inferiority and Maintain Self-confidence?
- Successful People's Habits. What Gurus teach us. 160 Tips
- Standing Out During COVID-19 Job Hunting
- They Say, “What Are You Looking for in Your Next Job?” And You Say…What?
- Celebrate Recovery Appomattox
- Effective Tips to remember all that you studied
- Writings Don’t Come Naturally
- Can we enjoy playing chess more than video games?
- Effects of Insomnia on Health
- How to learn or improve English online and for free
- 5 Ways To Motivate Yourself