The Most Popular Uses For A Personal Loan
- Author Michael Strauss
- Published April 13, 2007
- Word count 548
The number of people taking out personal loans has risen dramatically over the last ten or fifteen years, but what are the reasons for this? In this article we'll look at the main uses of the loans that we take out.
This is possibly the biggest single reason people take out a personal loan, with billions being lent to help people sort out their finances. The basic idea is to take out one single loan that you use to pay off all your other debts, leaving you with just one repayment to make. Not only does this make your financial life simpler and more easily managed, but if done properly the result should be that your debt is costing you less overall to service each month.
Although there are many different kinds of auto finance available, from basic car loans to vehicle plus finance packages, many of these deals work out to be quite expensive, and are often suited to people with poorer credit ratings. A normal personal loan, with a lower interest rate and less restrictions, can be a better option for funding a vehicle purchase for many people. The key benefit is that you're free to spend the loan amount on any car from any dealer, or even buy privately - an option not usually open to users of dedicated auto finance packages.
The extreme rise in property prices over the last decade or so has left many people with large amounts of equity in their home. This means that their house is worth far more than the mortgage still owed on it. For some homeowners it can make good sense to 'cash in' some of this equity in the form of a loan, using the money to reinvest in their property by improving it. This can mean extra building works, improvements to faciilities such as bathrooms and kitchens, landscape gardening, or any other costly exercise that will ultimately increase the value of a property even further in the coming years.
Vacation or Travel
Also given the large amounts of equity many people have, a popular option is to free up some of this cash to finance a once in a lifetime vacation, cruise, or other kind of expensive travel. It's not generally recommended that you use your home as collateral for this kind of loan spending, as you'll be risking the future of your home with little to show for it once the vacation is over. An unsecured personal loan, however, is an ideal way of spreading the cost of an unforgettable experience over a year or two.
One final popular reason for taking out a personal loan is to pay for a wedding, either your own or a child's. Weddings these days can be incredibly expensive, usually running well into four or even five figures, and not many people have this kind of money in reserve. Naturally, a wedding day should be a day to remember always, and so many people feel it's well worth the cost of taking out a loan in order to make the day as perfect as possible. The funds will also be useful in paying for a great honeymoon, and even providing a few household essentials when moving into a first home.
Michael writes for the personal loans comparison site Loan Time, where you can compare loan deals from big names like Capital One and more, along with poor credit loans, unsecured loans, and deferred loans.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Conglomerate Merger: Pros & Cons
- Signs That You Are Doing Budgeting Wrong
- Car Title Loans and Other Options to Improve a Bad Credit Score
- Home Insurance Protects Your Home From Disasters
- Memphis Payday Loans Can Help When You’re in a Bind
- Can Newcomers Get Approved For Car Loans?
- Real estate consultants: how should they communicate with millennial?
- Getting the Right Tulsa Loans and Using Them Wisely
- What Are Signature Loans and Should You Use Them?
- Bad credit small business loans for small businesses
- Things you didn't realise contributed to a bad credit rating
- How do I know if I have bad credit?
- Everything you should know about short-term business loans in the UK
- The Role of a Conveyancing Lawyer during the Home Loan Process
- Should You Take a Personal Loan for Your Business?
- Bad Credit Auto Loans and a No-Frills Car Purchase
- Zero Credit Auto Loans: The Perfect Lego Block to build your Credit Score
- A Guide to Securing Financing for Commercial Projects
- Understanding Solar Loan Rates
- Check your Credit Score regularly to keep a balance of your financial health.
- Ways Your Business Can Obtain Financing to Upgrade or Buy Equipment
- How to get the most out of your credit card
- Paul Chehade - Seeking Answers To Debt Consolidation Issues?
- Paul Chehade - Need Help With Debt Consolidation?
- Paul Chehade - Confused By Debt Consolidation? Read This To End The Frustration
- What Kind Of Capital Is Appropriate For Your Business?
- What is a Payday Loan?
- Broadband Development in Indonesia
- How Do I Get A Loan With Bad Credit And High Income?
- Contact Pawn Shops for instant requirement of Cash