The pros and cons of secured loan UK
- Author Alexa Wilsoon
- Published April 21, 2007
- Word count 332
The whole concept of secured loan in UK revolves round collateral. Collateral is a technical term which means the property that is used as security in a loan. Any property of significant money value has acceptance as collateral. However, in UK a home is most frequently used as collateral. Though secured loans in UK are offered against the equity available in a home, in special cases no or zero equity is also accepted.
Some people find it risky to take loans against their home. Being aware of the fact that they will have to lose their property if they fail to pay off the loan, they shrink back from taking secured loans. It cannot be denied that there is risk of property repossession in this type of loan. Yet, all people do not avoid taking them. Rather, plenty of people think of it as a cost-effective method of raising fund. In fact, there are genuine reasons behind the popularity of secured loans in UK.
First of all, it is a gainful bargain for the borrower. He gets the chance to undertake a major financial venture as this loan allows him to take out a hefty amount of money. He has the leverage to borrow as much as his home equity lets him to. Even in some cases he can borrow more than his home equity allows. There are lenders who sanctions loan amount of up to 125% LTV.
Besides, secured loans UK offer high level of flexibility in repayment terms. Longer duration of time to repay the loan, low APR, smaller monthly instalments are all awarded to the borrower. This is done as reciprocation to the gesture he shows by offering collateral. Moreover, the lender also gets the freedom to use the amount advanced by personal secured loan UK for a plethora of personal needs. So far the risk factor is concerned; all the flexibilities mentioned here are enough to back the borrower to easefully pay off the loan and avoid property repossession.
The author is a business writer specializing in finance and credit products and has written authoritative articles on the finance industry. He has done his Master in Business Administration and is currently assisting Finance-Hub as a finance specialist.
For more information please visit: http://www.finance-hub.co.ukArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Conglomerate Merger: Pros & Cons
- Signs That You Are Doing Budgeting Wrong
- Car Title Loans and Other Options to Improve a Bad Credit Score
- Home Insurance Protects Your Home From Disasters
- Memphis Payday Loans Can Help When You’re in a Bind
- Can Newcomers Get Approved For Car Loans?
- Real estate consultants: how should they communicate with millennial?
- Getting the Right Tulsa Loans and Using Them Wisely
- What Are Signature Loans and Should You Use Them?
- Bad credit small business loans for small businesses
- Things you didn't realise contributed to a bad credit rating
- How do I know if I have bad credit?
- Everything you should know about short-term business loans in the UK
- The Role of a Conveyancing Lawyer during the Home Loan Process
- Should You Take a Personal Loan for Your Business?
- Bad Credit Auto Loans and a No-Frills Car Purchase
- Zero Credit Auto Loans: The Perfect Lego Block to build your Credit Score
- A Guide to Securing Financing for Commercial Projects
- Understanding Solar Loan Rates
- Check your Credit Score regularly to keep a balance of your financial health.
- Ways Your Business Can Obtain Financing to Upgrade or Buy Equipment
- How to get the most out of your credit card
- Paul Chehade - Seeking Answers To Debt Consolidation Issues?
- Paul Chehade - Need Help With Debt Consolidation?
- Paul Chehade - Confused By Debt Consolidation? Read This To End The Frustration
- What Kind Of Capital Is Appropriate For Your Business?
- What is a Payday Loan?
- Broadband Development in Indonesia
- How Do I Get A Loan With Bad Credit And High Income?
- Contact Pawn Shops for instant requirement of Cash